Sagana Resort
Reef Beach Resort(General Luna)
US$92
Sunset Bay Villas(General Luna)
US$211
Hotel Tavern(Surigao City)
US$78
US$46
Greenhouse(General Luna)
Buddha's Surf Resort(Siargao Island)
TripAdvisor
Nay Palad Hideaway(Siargao Island)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat hostsisland hoppingmy girlfriendgourmet foodexcellent carethe cottagesmod constuna tatakicancelled duegolden retrieverother guestsac roomsurfing holidayfilipino breakfastisland lifespent a weeklow tide
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at Sagana Beach Resort! I spent a lot of time checking reviews of the various resorts on Siargao Island, and I'm convinced that I made the right choice. What helped sell me on this place was the immediate responsiveness that Susan provided on e-mail questions when I inquired about their accommodations. That told me something from the beginning. At first, I was not real keen on having the meals included in the on the price. However, that turned out to be one of the best features of staying at Sagana, because we did not have to worry about where to eat. And I'm not sure whether there were a lot of choices anyway.

Gerry and Susan were as accommodating and friendly as the reviews that I had read. We were also very impressed with the friendliness of their staff. The kitchen staff did an excellent job of preparing the food – and the food was excellent, even on our day trips when they would pack our lunches for us!

Our accommodations were very comfortable. We stayed in an open air cottage and as you might expect, bugs can be an issue. I would certainly stay in the open air cottage again, because I like the fresh air. But a word of advice - make sure you keep your mosquito net for the bed well tucked, because the mosquitos will join you if you don't! Also, it's a good idea to keep your suit cases and bags zipped up when you're not getting into them, so you don't end up taking some unwanted guests along home!

We felt very welcome here during our stay and certainly would go back! Thanks to the folks at Sagana for making our visit to Siargao Island an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SBatbigoak
susifishgirl, Owner at Sagana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Hey Steve,
Cheers for the review. Yes Sue and I also only use Mosquito net and fan (don't really like A/C), but being in the tropics you will get bugs, good advice to be vigilent with the net. We are actually going to change cottage 1 this year and have it so it can be either open or kinda sealed with A/C (as the other cottages are). Take it easy and see you next time.

Susan and Gerry

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend for 4 days for Easter.
I didn't really know what to expect since i booked last minute and usually i am not keen on all inclusive formula, but since i knew that in Siargao you don't really have restaurants around, i thought "why not, let's give it a try".
It was just amazing.
What a nice surprise when we arrive, Gerry and Susan welcome us, show us around, makes us feel really comfortable, they make sure you feel like at home, introduce you to the other guests to create a more friendly atmsphere.
They have 6 cottages, all very nice, clean and in very good condition, this is much better in reality that on the pictures.
The food is really really good. Even if you decide not to stay there you should go for dinner!
They have a great cook, change the menu everyday, adapt to your needs. They are very flexible and you will not be disppointed.
It's great for couple, families with kids even young kids, and group of friends. There's no doubt that you have to stay in Sagan if you go to Siargao.
They also help to organize some activities and price won't be more expensive than elsewhere... They make sure you get a good deal and good boat driver.
Location is right in front of cloud 9 so surfers can't be closer !
Staff is great, owners are awesome, really this is the best place to stay in Siargao...
Great Value for Money
I have nothing to complain about and will go again

Room Tip: All cottage are great
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myanh H
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We heard about Sagana from lonely planet, and since it was the top choice, we decided to give it a try. The booking process was fairly easy, Gerry & Susan (owners) were very easy to work with. They will give you the choice if you want to include the transfers to & from the airport/port in your package. Ours were included, and the trips were very comfortable. My girlfriend had a cold the 1st night and as soon Susan knew about it she asked her staff to make her a hot calamansi ginger drink to make her feel better. They were very hands on taking care of their customers. Food wise. Superb menu! You will be given a starter appetizer followed by main course and dessert. Great scenery in the morning! Marvelous sunset by night..Fantastic service frim the staff we'll defintely go back again! The best place to surf.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wesguia
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed at the start of october. Everyone at sagana was friendly and very hospitable. Its in prime location and the food was amazing. The cottages were more than comfortable and all activities were very easy to organise. Definately worth every penny and will definately stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Francest88
Reviewed 9 September 2012

After a number of visits to Siargao Island over the years I would find it hard to stay anywhere else but Sagana. From the moment you are met at the airport until you wave goodbye it's an escape that will stay with you forever, switch off relax and enjoy the amazing views and hospitality that always come with a free smile.
With words of wisdom from Gerry on surfing, golf or fishing or amazing travel stories from Sue you always feel at home.
As someone who travels extensively I find my time at Sagana more like being around friends than being a holiday.
Its more than just a surf destination, it's a way of life!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo