“Down at the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk.”

and 1 more site!
The Boardwalk at Cloud 9
Ranked #16 of 41 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Remember playing Monopoly and everyone always wanted to be the first to Boardwalk? That's because it's the bomb-diggity. Same deal here.. I came last year with a large group, but would've easily felt just as at home by myself. Andrew, along with the rest of the staff and locals were some of the most welcoming, hospitable people I've ever met. Whether it was bombing around the island on a scooter, checking out a cockfight, shreddin the best waves on any particular day, dancing all night at the local disco, or just kickin back at the bar with some great live music, the Boardwalk family made it happen. And even with the clean, comfy rooms, and excellent atmosphere and service, it'll always be the people that made this my most memorable week in the Philippines.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Boardwalk at Cloud 9

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I've been coming to Cloud 9 at least once a year for the last 6 years. At first, as a backpacker in search of good value, and these days, as a more discerning traveler who still loves to have a good time. Andrew and Rhoda and their staff have always taken great care of me and my friends. From the days when we lived in the staff quarters because that's all we could budget, to now, when we can stay in a stellar room overlooking the break. I love the food, and there's always something on the go, my favourite is open Mic night on sundays when I get a chance to play guitar for a few beers (still a backpacker at heart). Don't ever change!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms with a view of the break are super. The lower fan rooms are great if you're on a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed for 2 months at the boardwalk. Andrew and Rhoda are really nice hosts and all the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location could not be better. We had a clear view of the surf spot from our balcony. The room that we stayed was very comfortable and clean. Can´t wait to be back at the Boardwalk at Cloud 9.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Toyberto
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had planned a stay of only a few days at the Boardwalk, but ended up staying for around one month, across May/ June 2013. The rooms are good value and the location is prime for surf and just cruising around the reefs and beaches. Neighbouring restuarants and bars are nice and close. The hosts, Andrew and Rhoda, as well as the awesome staff, made my stay all too easy, with a fun and chilled vibe.I only have positive things to say about my experience here and will be returning for another stay, hopefully some time soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I feel the Boardwalk is the best place to stay due to the great service, friendly environment and great view of the surf all day. Also, the owner(s) are very helpful in helping you find what ever you need to make your stay welcome and fun. They can charter boats for you, rent equipment and the fun never stops. Last but not least, they have a great menu!!! I hope you find your stay as great as mine always is.

Room Tip: All rooms are great if you want economy you can ask for a fan room with no a/c but still very comfor...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here last year. It was great, all the staff were very fun and welcoming. They were able to facilitate excellent entertainment and tours so there was never a dull moment.

The boardwalk is the place to stay with the view over the best waves right out the front. Great for singles, couples and families alike.

Room Tip: Upstairs out the front has the best view of cloud 9
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Boardwalk_Resort, Owner at The Boardwalk at Cloud 9, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hi Jeremy, It was a pleasure having you guys stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. See you next time
Andrew

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hey! My name's Chris. I travel the world for the UN and for Nat Geo....and this is one of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff....well I wouldn't cal them staff....I would call them FAMILY...are incredibly kind. Rooms are gorgeous and incredibly well kept. Air Conditioners work like a charm. Rates are super affordable. Most importantly, Andrew and his wife (the owners) take you under their wing to make sure your trip is smooth and without funny business.

PS- If you're a surfer this is literally the best view of the ocean. You can see the breakers without getting out of bed. It's the connection point for all surfers when they leave the beach. Don't look any further.

Enjoy Cloud 9!

Room Tip: Best Surfing View on Island
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the review. I hope you can make it back to the island again one day. In the meantime I will keep an eye out on the TV for you.
Andrew