“Amazing Tidal Pool”
Review of Magpupungko Beach

Magpupungko Beach
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We rode a habal-habal from General Luna to Pilar. Some of the roads are under construction and some are muddy. But, the trip was so worth it.

Entrance fee to Magpupungko beach is Php50/person. You can bring food and rent some tables and chairs, just find somewhere shady. There is a store where you can also buy some snacks and drinks.

When I first see the tidal pool, I was so amazed! Its like a natural infinity pool, the water is crystal clear and so inviting. If I wasn't holding my camera I would've jumped into the water that instant.

This is one of the places in Siargao that will keep me coming back.

3  Thank Ronnarie

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went here with my family sometime in May last year.

I was told by the manager of the hotel I stayed in that the rock pools were one of the biggest attraction within Siargao.

Prestine, clear waters of the Pacific - never seen clear waters like this; Bali and Thailand doesn't even come close. :)

1  Thank dangerous_mind
Reviewed 20 April 2014

make sure that you askt he locals if it's low tide so that you will see the rock formatins and swimming in the clear swimming hole.

1  Thank Ozziee_ojay
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I was with my wife Beverly and two kids (Bikay &Bikoy) and my school batchmate Rowena Vasquez and her two kids too (Kobe & Adriane) during 2014 Holy Week. . . We hopped on board a rented motorcycle. A tiring and rewarding 40 kilometer road trip going to this amazing nature bounty. . .it's worth visiting. . . .

1  Thank theshellndlbljr
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great destination for a daytrip from GL on a motorbike. Excellent saltwater swimming hole at low tide

1  Thank David J