“one of the most comfortable places i've ever stayed at”

Buddha's Surf Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Siargao Island
San Jose, California
“one of the most comfortable places i've ever stayed at”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay in Siargao. Its stylish architecture set it apart from any other island built resort. The bed was super, super comfortable and soft and after enjoying the Jungle Party (maybe a little too much), it was a rewarding sleep. The shower room was huge and functional and the space in the room was just right, especially recommended for families. The resort was extremely beautiful and its tropical design gave it a great atmosphere. The food was great, especially the Thai spring rolls. I'm a huge fan of fruits in the morning and appreciated being able to take them out for breakfast during my island tour. Staff was super friendly. They took me to the Jungle Party and we had so much fun.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brenna B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked 7 days at the Buddha's to learn surf but finally I stayed for 15 days, this place is so perfect! I felt like at home in this place, the resort is beautiful and the staff amazing and so friendly! I loved the routine I had! You wake up early, have a wonderful healthy breakfast then catch some waves. After that you have lunch (by the way the food is amazing especially the chicken salad with mango and cashew nuts), relaxing, playing volley ball with the staff and other guests, slackline contest, doing yoga, listening/playing music with boang marlo! I'll be back next year guys! I miss Philippines, I miss siargao, I miss choco mucho, I miss the marajaw Buddha's!

Jd

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jean-David A
Manila
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Tropical-inspired architecture and design captured the essence of the island living without compromising. The Nipa roofing provides an imposing feel of what traditional Filipino houses should look like. From the outside it is down right proper without compromising style.

All rooms got Air Conditioning, hot showers, fluffy towels, crisp linens and that single most important thing at the base of our hierarchy of needs—Wi-Fi signal.

A strong Wi-Fi signal is something that is considered a rare find in islands where people are still selling petrol in Coca-Cola bottles. We all agreed we could stay here for months without turning into a Linda Blair out of Internet withdrawal.

Read more and photos here >> http://www.fliptravels.com/2014/03/buddhas-surf-resort-where-to-stay-in-siargao/

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Vacationed in Siargao to celebrate a friend's birthday. Half of our group stayed in Buddha's Surf Resort's verrry spacious family room. While my hubby, daughter and I stayed in the superior room upstairs which has a private balcony (perfect nook to read a book)! Our room also has a hard drive which contains heaps of movies, plus a Loudbasstard amplifier for iPhones. Our bed, though a little to high for our toddler to climb on, is huge and had pristine sheets when we checked in.

WiFi reached our rooms!

Meals are superb. I recommend their pancakes and red curry (not as spicy as it may seem). Cooking took a while, but hey, dishes were freshly prepared so we're not really complaining.

The staff, albeit a bit shy, were all friendly and always smiling. Too bad we were not able to extend our stay cause they were fully booked. Definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the superior room for that awesome upstairs private balcony!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nomadwifey
Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I only got to check out the Buddha Surf Resort before getting there. It exceeded my expectations for a resort that catered to not-only surfers but non-surfer guest who wants clean, spacious, minimalist, and modern rooms. I really liked the room we stayed in. We had the family room, with three beds with generous open floor ares to move around. Not only is it ideal place to stay for couples, or solo travelers but families, can large group of friends can also be accommodated.

Food is really good here. I love the breakfast meals which were generous in serving, and filling to jump start your busy day. Do try their Chicken Curry, and Adobo when you can. The staff are very accommodating. Marlo, the resident surfing instructor; and the Filipino staff made our stay welcoming. They would advice you on good time, and weather for your day's activity, or plan. I like how they would go the extra mile, and contact someone for our transportation.

Even if you plan to stay in, and spend your day at the resort, you can either just rest in your room, or play, or relax outside.

Room Tip: Wifi connectivity is fast at the open dining area, and bar, and can be a bit slow when you get to th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PinayTravelista
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I wonder why my review didn't show up here. Well anyway, Im posting it again.

Budhhas Surf Resort is a beautiful resort just a few minutes bike away from the famous surfing spot, the cloud 9. And its basically safe to stay here. There was one time that I went home a bit late after a night of booze but there, the guard is waiting for me. Perfect! Staff were super nice and the owner, Ashley was super accommodating! Price is great too! Perfect for families and travelers who's seeking a good and affordable resort with hotel like service. You got to try their pancakes for breakfast and their curry! Looking forward to come home again soon! Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor suite room is beautiful! Go book it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Shugah Pauline G
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I went to buddha's 15 days after the big typhoon haigan and hoped to find everything ok, and that was exactly what I found, no sign of the all mighty haigan, Siargao had no damage and everything was functioning just fine.
About the Buddha's resort.
Just one word AMAZING.
Specially the staff and a particular mention to Marlo, Bebé, Jing Jing and Ya Ya, they really deserve it for the fantastic time they made us pass in Buddha's
Salamat cayo guys