“Its all about the people”

Buddha's Surf Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Siargao Island
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I'm more traveller than a surfer, but it was great to have just 5 days surfing and meeting great people. From the moment I stepped onto the plane from Cebu-Siargao and later to Buddha's - where it all happened. Siargao has heart, and Buddha is right in the centre of it all cos everyone who stayed on the island somehow congregated there. As a solo traveller, it was great because there was always something going on. New Chris (Version 2.0) and the team were great, they really felt more like friends.The room was clean and comfortable,hardware wise its probably one of the best on the island and surf lessons were easily arranged. Having travelled a fair bit round the world, it gives me so much pleasure to find this little jewel in my backyard of South East Asia :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanieee

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It's a very good resort to stay, friendly staff, very clean, the food is very good ' thank to the chef ' special menu every days.
i stayed 7 days with my wife, we had fun every days, thank a lot to the new manager Chris , now he becomes our friend :-)
if you need a surf teacher ask Balong or "Pink Balong 'nick name' " he is very very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frederic L
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay in Siargao. Its stylish architecture set it apart from any other island built resort. The bed was super, super comfortable and soft and after enjoying the Jungle Party (maybe a little too much), it was a rewarding sleep. The shower room was huge and functional and the space in the room was just right, especially recommended for families. The resort was extremely beautiful and its tropical design gave it a great atmosphere. The food was great, especially the Thai spring rolls. I'm a huge fan of fruits in the morning and appreciated being able to take them out for breakfast during my island tour. Staff was super friendly. They took me to the Jungle Party and we had so much fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Brenna B
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked 7 days at the Buddha's to learn surf but finally I stayed for 15 days, this place is so perfect! I felt like at home in this place, the resort is beautiful and the staff amazing and so friendly! I loved the routine I had! You wake up early, have a wonderful healthy breakfast then catch some waves. After that you have lunch (by the way the food is amazing especially the chicken salad with mango and cashew nuts), relaxing, playing volley ball with the staff and other guests, slackline contest, doing yoga, listening/playing music with boang marlo! I'll be back next year guys! I miss Philippines, I miss siargao, I miss choco mucho, I miss the marajaw Buddha's!

Jd

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jean-David A
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Tropical-inspired architecture and design captured the essence of the island living without compromising. The Nipa roofing provides an imposing feel of what traditional Filipino houses should look like. From the outside it is down right proper without compromising style.

All rooms got Air Conditioning, hot showers, fluffy towels, crisp linens and that single most important thing at the base of our hierarchy of needs—Wi-Fi signal.

A strong Wi-Fi signal is something that is considered a rare find in islands where people are still selling petrol in Coca-Cola bottles. We all agreed we could stay here for months without turning into a Linda Blair out of Internet withdrawal.

Read more and photos here >> http://www.fliptravels.com/2014/03/buddhas-surf-resort-where-to-stay-in-siargao/

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Vacationed in Siargao to celebrate a friend's birthday. Half of our group stayed in Buddha's Surf Resort's verrry spacious family room. While my hubby, daughter and I stayed in the superior room upstairs which has a private balcony (perfect nook to read a book)! Our room also has a hard drive which contains heaps of movies, plus a Loudbasstard amplifier for iPhones. Our bed, though a little to high for our toddler to climb on, is huge and had pristine sheets when we checked in.

WiFi reached our rooms!

Meals are superb. I recommend their pancakes and red curry (not as spicy as it may seem). Cooking took a while, but hey, dishes were freshly prepared so we're not really complaining.

The staff, albeit a bit shy, were all friendly and always smiling. Too bad we were not able to extend our stay cause they were fully booked. Definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the superior room for that awesome upstairs private balcony!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nomadwifey
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I only got to check out the Buddha Surf Resort before getting there. It exceeded my expectations for a resort that catered to not-only surfers but non-surfer guest who wants clean, spacious, minimalist, and modern rooms. I really liked the room we stayed in. We had the family room, with three beds with generous open floor ares to move around. Not only is it ideal place to stay for couples, or solo travelers but families, can large group of friends can also be accommodated.

Food is really good here. I love the breakfast meals which were generous in serving, and filling to jump start your busy day. Do try their Chicken Curry, and Adobo when you can. The staff are very accommodating. Marlo, the resident surfing instructor; and the Filipino staff made our stay welcoming. They would advice you on good time, and weather for your day's activity, or plan. I like how they would go the extra mile, and contact someone for our transportation.

Even if you plan to stay in, and spend your day at the resort, you can either just rest in your room, or play, or relax outside.

Room Tip: Wifi connectivity is fast at the open dining area, and bar, and can be a bit slow when you get to th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends