“Tasty Lebanese/Arabic cooking, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Habibi

Habibi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Tasty Lebanese/Arabic cooking, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The menu is interesting with a lovely selection of Lebanese style dips amongst other starters and the usual tagines etc. We went twice, the first time I had chicken kebabs with a sweetish peanut sauce (delicious) and my partner had a tagine. The second time we both had "Tapsa" which was a delicious dish of oven baked aubergine, potato and chickpeas. My partner had chicken in his which was a little overcooked. They also serve some interesting Arab style teas and coffees. Lively ambiance with Moroccan lamps and hangings. Service was good (can be a rarity on La Gomera)

• Visited February 2014

Stockholm
“Terrible service and waiting times. Good food.”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Ate here and was very satisfied a few years ago. Came back with girlfriend for I nice dinner. On the first night we sat outside. The busy waiter didn't notice us so after appx 10 minutes we went inside and told hit where we were sitting. Nothing happened. Told the waiter again and met his eyes through the window - nothing happened. Went inside and asked the waiter for the menus. Waited outside again. Left somewhat angry after having wasted 40 min of our lives.
Swore not to come back but I had really good memories of the food, so came back a few night later. Sat inside so we couldn't be as easily ignored. The waiter busy, as always. We felt we were causing him and the kitchen trouble for being there - not good. Got to order after about 15 min. Got salad (ok) 20 min later. Were told after waiting an hour that only one of us could have rice since they were running out of it. Neither me or my gf is fond og couscous. One of us got main dish after appx 1h 20, the other had to wait 10 min more. The food was good but not worth all the trouble. Something is seriously wrong with this restaurant - probably not enough staff. Both me and my girlfriend are nice, quiet types and there were no conflicts with the staff so there's no possibility that our experiences were caused by them not liking us.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dan_S_79
United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This restaurant gets a high score from me only because of the food quality and busy bustling atmosphere. The downside is that the service is not that efficient or friendly and you often have to wait over 45 mins for the food to arrive! It's also one of the most expensive places in the area.
The food though is different, fresh and excellent quality. We had fish, vegetarian and the lamb and chicken kebabs and tagine.
As in all restaurants the house wine is very good and reasonably priced.
I would always visit here when in the area, but maybe due to prices just the once!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank paddyred
London
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

Second visit, some 4 years apart and happy to see that this place is still here. Wonderful Morroccan styled interior and ambience, great service and whilst the food was wonderfully presented, my chicken was a little over cooked and my partner's hake a little tasteless. Just a little more attention in the cooking and it would have been 5 stars all round.

1 Thank m-gan
La Caleta, Spain
“Awesome arabic!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Magnificent arabic food, good service, good value for money

Visited February 2012