“Ideal house in central location”
other travellers have booked this property
Alfie's Place AT The Alley" Facade 02 Alfie;s Place AT The Alley Facade 03
Alfie's Place AT The Alley; Facade 04
Trieq Il Lunzjata / Lunzjata street 01
Trieq Il Lunzjata / Lunzjata street 02
St Dominic's Church at end of Street less than 10 Meters Away
On Right Hand Side of the street are the Historic walls of the Inquisitor Palace
Living Room Upon Entry from front Door.
Arched Ceiling in Living Room 01
Ensuite @ Main Bedroom on Ground Floor
Yard's Glass Top Ceiling Fitted with lights
Yard's Glass Top Ceiling
Start of Wooden Clad Stairs from Ground Floor.to 2nd Bedroom on 1st Floor
Outside 2nd Bedroom on 1st Floor.
Wooden Clad Stairs Outside 2nd Bedroom on 1st Floor
2nd Bedroom on 1st Floor
2nd Bedroom on1st Floor
2nd Bedroom's En-Suite (Toilet & Basin) & Another Wooden Clad Stairs leading to 2nd Floor Roof Level
Roof Level Landng @ 2nd Floor fitted with Kitchen Sink Cupboard
Out Door Setting on Roof at 2nd Floor
Your Host Alfred Fino
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Trevor D
Naxos Town, Greece
“Ideal house in central location”
Reviewed 22 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Nice little house near to square and Inquisitors Palace in Vittoriosa . Fully equipped kitchen, living room, bedroom & bathroom on ground floor with further bedroom and toilet on 1st floor with access to roof top terrace but due to location no view.
Access to shops, restaurants, buses and water taxis all within walking distance.
Alfie very helpful about local amenities, even booking restaurants for us before we left UK, emailed self guided walking tours and had good contact for our day tour of Gozo. He picked us up from airport and gave us a quick tour of the area, enough to get us started.
Ideal location away from tourists but close enough not to miss out on Valetta night life. Will certainly stay here again when we return to Malta

Liked best: location
Liked least: bed and mattress
23 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for your review and positive comments, they are always welcomed, It was a pleasure meeting you both a very lovely couple indeed and a pleasure to serve and help.

Thank you so much for leaving the place so neat & tidy it really does help a lot.

Certainly would love to see you again here, you will always be welcomed.

Gillian D
Bournemouth
“Needs immediate work done”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

We didn't expect luxury for the low price of this property and were happy to return to Birgu as a lovely base for our Malta holiday. The owner was helpful and pleasant, providing information before our stay and offered a reasonable pick up service from the airport. However there were a few things in the property that needed attention which we have listed in detail directly to him with suggestions for improvement. He has said that he will address some of them immediately albeit too late for our stay. They centred around cleanliness, comfort and condition of fittings and equipment which created some discomfort during our stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and pleasant owner
Liked least: Discomfort
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Jun 2016
Thank you for your review and your feedback Positive or Negative they are always welcomed within reason.
It is with regret that the property did not meet your expectations but anyone reading my reviews can easily notice your comments are one off and therefore I will not be changing much from what I am already doing.
As for cleanliness I have the services of a local lady, who does both my properties, and not ones an issue has been raised regarding cleanliness, as a matter of fact the review prior to this dated 30/05/16 took exception that the place was clean.
Another Review regarding the same property you stayed in dated 09/05/16 just Three weeks before your stay is titled “Perfect Location & Perfect Accommodation” and on this Occasion Four English Ladies occupied the property and planning on returning.
The main issue you raised with me regarding cleanliness was “DUST”. Anyone familiar with the Maltese islands knows how dusty Malta is!! Furthermore a week prior to your stay Malta had a windy week and sand storms. I will leave readers to judge for them themselves. Another thing you mentioned was the chopping board and all I can say it is a used chopping board and nothing more to add.
Another thing you highlighted was a rusty shower rail which was on my things to do and has since been done, Ones again not one visitor ever had an issue with this and corrosion is not dirt.
As for comfort you raised the issue with the double bed mattress however a text you sent to me dated 23rd May although you did mention the mattress is a bit Firm you also mentioned your medical condition did not help. I do have a spare double mattress which I offered to replace and you refused.
Other things you mentioned were basically wear and tear a normal House goes through, such as curtain Tie-Backs, Broken Toaster which I could have replaced in 5 minutes but ones again you refused.
The list you sent me was over Two A4 Pages, I will not bother readers going through it all, I just leave it for their judgment and compare your review with the 100 reviews I enjoy before yours.
190748Gle...
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Lovely house, fantastic location, helpful, friendly owner. Highly recommend and will definitely return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
21 May 2016
Thank you for your review it is always appreciated, Certainly was great having you and be great to see you back.

Thank you for leaving the place nice and clean and all organized.
Emma A
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Perfect location; perfect accommodation!”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I stayed here with friends for one week. Although it was not my first time to Malta, it was the best trip. Alfie is the most fantastic host and, thanks to his recommendations, I got to see parts of Malta I have never seen before.
We have already decided to return next year!

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The shower head.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
9 May 2016
Thank you so Much for your kind words, and it was a pleasure having you all, you are all full of fun and all the locals that meet you took a liking to you all.

I want to thank you all for leaving the place so clean and spotless, I certainly be looking forward to have you again when you are ready.

kazbunny
Fareham, Hampshire
“Lovely relaxing experience with wonderful friends”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

As this was my first visit to Malta with friends, we could not have picked a more delightful setting in Birgu. Alfie was so accommodating from the start and ensured we had everything we needed, including a meet and greet session in the local bar to get to know everyone. The Alley suited 4 ladies quite easily and we all had a wonderful experience. i would strongly suggest that you need to bring your own bath towel as those provided did not do the job properly. The kitchen was well equipped and we generally cooked our own breakfast before heading out. Birgu has some great local restaurants and bars, with some hidden away that you need to seek out. There are plenty of local museums and churches a plenty, the local bells will awake you at 0800! We will be returning next year and thank you Alfie for your hospitality and friendship. Karen, Hilary, Emma and Gail.

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
5 May 2016
Thank you so much Ladies for such a lovely review, it was lovely having you all and will certainly look forward to see you back in the future.

I cannot thank you enough for leaving the place spotless for me, you really made it easy for me.

Keep well

james123g...
Duncan BC
“An absolute gem!”
Reviewed 2 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My wife and I loved our stay at Alfie's Place @ the Alley. Alfie himself is an experienced and very helpful and very accessible host, and the location in the heart of the old town of Birgu is lovely. Birgu is just across the harbour from Valletta, but has the ambience of a village. We found the apartment has all the amenties we could have wished for, including a well organised kitchen, which we used one evening to cook supper, using fish bought from the fishmonger who visits the square round the corner a couple of mornings a week, and veggies bought from the tiny grocers open most mornings. Other nights we ate at one or other of the cafes or restaurants in, or just off, the square, and wandered home afterwards through the very narrow, very quiet and most atmospheric alleys that make up the heart of Birgu. For 1 of the 3 weeks we were here two of my sisters joined us from the UK and we fitted easily in the small apartment. If you are interested in staying in accommodation that offers this sort of experience, I think you will be thrilled with your choice.

Liked best: Ambience
Liked least: Unreliable Wi-Fi
2 May 2016
Thank you so much for your Lovely write up, Comments like your knowing the Four of your were comfortable and enjoyed the stay are always welcoming, There is no better feeling sending a Visitor home knowing he got value for money and memories to last.

Last but not least I want to thank all Four of your for leaving the place so neat and tidy.

Eleri S
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“We loved it here, it's an absolute gem”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We were so glad we chose this property to stay for our first trip to Malta. Alfie is a great host, the property is great and the location is great.
The information we received from Alfie prior to our stay was excellent. We were picked up from the Airport by Alfie and also taken back at the end of our stay. I would recommend that you take advantage of this as it's a great deal.

The house is situated on the historic Archbishop Street. The Archbishop's Palace is at the end of the street. About 70 metres away is the the square with several nice bars and restaurants, wine shop etc. In the mornings the veg shop and butcher is open. The Bus to Valetta goes from the square, or you can walk down to the harbour and get the 3 cities ferry. The location is brilliant!

Up the street from the square and towards the property is the Inquisitors Palace which you can look around. It also houses the tourist information office.

Inside the property, you come directly in to the comfortable sitting room, which I would imagine is a wonderful cool haven on a hot Malta day. The decoration is Traditional Maltese but with Wifi and a Flat Screen T.V. ! Electricity is metered. Aflie had already put 10 euros in for us. We didn't use all of it!

Through into the well appointed and roomy Kitchen, it has everything that you need for cooking anything up to a full homestyle dinner. Including a freezer! There are several food shops very near to the property. We also shopped a bit further away at the small supermarket at the end of Dock 1. the road is called Xatt Ta Bormila.

The bedroom is comfortable, plenty of hanging space great hair dryer! Iron and board. There's a washing machine too, so no need to overpack! There are 2 bathrooms, great for us we had a "his" and "hers".

The roof terrace was an useful towel drying facility for us. At the height of summer I'm sure it's a lovely cool space to take a glass of something chilled in the evening and maybe breakfast.

We had a great time, travelled widely on the excellent and cheap Malta Buses. Everybody was so kind to us. Thanks you Malta and thank you especially to Alfie who treated us like family.

24 Mar 2016
Thank you so much for such a lovely and detailed write up. As I always say A happy visitors is music to my ears and it certainly look you were more than happy.

It was also a pleasure meeting anf certainly hope I will see you again in the future.

Alfie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing