“Grill on the Gull - Great Service and Good food.”
Review of Grill on the Gull

Grill on the Gull
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Minden
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Patrons of Grill on the Gull say that it offers a one-of-a-kind dining experience with healthy, fresh made, high quality food in a relaxed and beautiful Mediterranean styled decor. Balconies and a large deck hang over the beautiful Gull River are ideal spots for an afternoon or evening getaway. The Grill on the Gull is the only restaurant in Minden to offer waterfront dining. A great spot for celebrating family get togethers, birthdays and other special occasions, Grill on the Gull also offers on-site catering services. Come by boat, come by car, come as you are. Grill on the Gull is ready to serve! The restaurant is located in downtown Minden right beside the bridge on the bank of the Gull River. Reservations are recommended especially on weekends.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our first meal at the Grill on the Gull was really lovely. I had the gluten free crusted pizza, topped with lots of vegetables and ricotta cheese, and was thrilled with it. My friend had the pickerel and loved it as well. We were most impressed with the excellent service. Ellie the owner was friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home.
Our second meal few nights later was the giant stuffed portabello mushroom and would have enjoyed it more had it been spiced or herbed with garlic, onion or scallions, a dash of tabasco, perhaps, anything to wake up the flavour of what could be a wonderful lighter dinner option. I will go back for sure and hope the chefs has experimented with some fresh herbs and any of the scads of spices available to give food the kick restaurant patrons are looking for.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

First off service was excellent. The food was amazingly fresh and prepared. I have had the experience of fine dining through out Canada and the USA and this was amazing. Everything was prepared to order. So it does take a little longer than some, but well worth it. I will definitely be returning to dine here again next time I am in the area. I was actually quite amazed when i got the bill. I was expecting it to be more than it was for a meal of this calibre.
After our dinner the real treat was live music, soft romantic piano!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My spouse actually couldn't eat the meal. Mine was okay but fairly bland. Beautiful spot overlooking the river. So much potential.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Due to the results of the Gull River and town of Minden flood, this restaurant has been closed for months. Renovations have been ongoing and they have announced the reopen date of tomorrow. This was one of the best restaurants in the area and enjoyed each time went. Will be going next week.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We visited for dinner and were quite disappointed. It was quite pricey but the menu sounded OK. The wait staff was very friendly. All four of us were very disappointed with our good. If we visit Minden again we will give it a miss. I don't think they have been open too long so perhaps there are still a few bugs to be fixed.

1  Thank Spriglet