“Nice Pizza with Hokkaido cheese”

Furano Cheese Craft Center
Ranked #4 of 8 Shopping in Furano
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Worth a visit if u like pizza or cheese. The milk sold was fresh, very nice. Drove here using gps with map code 550 840 264. Another tips, we have to clean the table before leaving, they provide a wet cloth on the table for table cleaning purposes. Return the cloth to counter before leaving.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I were there last week and the place is certainly nice enough, however, there were not that much going on. The factory was pretty dead. The activity was on the second floor...as thats where the shop was. They had some cheese sampling for the curious ones. Other than that there were a chance to purchase some milk, cheese and other assorted snacks. There was also a little shack that sells ice-cream. The ice-cream there was pretty good but nothing to write home about. Over all, if you are at Furano and the flowers were not blooming then its worth a little visit...probably spend 30 mins there, tops.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was honestly looking forward to this visit to the cheese factory in Hokkaido, since I was not aware that Japan was into cheese making. Everyone knows that the most well known cheeses are made by French, Swiss, Dutch and Italian manufacturer's to mention few. I think I lift up my expectation too high, and this cause me to be desappointed with what I saw. Well, that is me. However, the place has also a "pizzaria" and ice cream shop, which we tried and it was good. If you have never been to a cheese factory probably you should include in your visit list, since is not that far from Furano, however if you have been to one, IMHO, you should go if you have spare time.

1  Thank Harlequim
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Based on the TripAdvisor reviews we thought of exploring the Furano Cheese Factory by bicylce.
We hired a bicycle near the station and with the help of a map we reached the Cheese factory.
The enroute was picturesque. They had many varieties of cheese and it is free to taste. Must try the Fresh Milk there. It was actually fresh. The machines used for making the cheese were displayed but there was no guide to explain! It was kind of disappointing.

Next to it was the Pizza shop. The cheese was really fresh and it made the pizza more delicious. It is one of the best pizzas i had ever tasted.

There was also an Ice cream parlour and they were fresh and delicious. Absolutely enjoyed the double scoop ice cream.

Overall, the experience was good. Recommeded!

1  Thank Arvind M
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit for my tour , drove here using the gps , free parking , free admissions , free cheese tasting , tasted 3 different kind of cheese , the unique one was the black sesame cheese , had the ice cream there .. Worth a visit

2  Thank kenkeh