“ExCELLent!”

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ExCELLent!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Pardon the pun! A big group of us visited last weekend for lunch and to sample the beers. Good choice of food and drink, very reasonably priced and tasty too. The staff were really friendly and made us feel really welcome. A really good find!

2 Thank Catherine M

Liverpool
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“You have to visit here!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I went to Cellb with a group of friends for a hen do and it was fab. The set up is just cool, and friendly. The member of staff who looked after us obviously loves her job and what they do here, she was proud to show off the other spaces within the building, and talk about the history, which was really interesting.

Food was lovely, I had a gorgeous greek salad that had some herbs I can't quite place but may have been garlic leaves? It was so tasty and huge!

If I lived in the area this would be my regular haunt, as it is I'll have to settle for occasional visits, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

1 Thank Jane R
Chester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A brilliant place for a drink or three!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked lunch for 10 of us on a Hen Do at Cell, I'd heard good things about it through friends. On arriving we were welcomed by a mega friendly member of staff. The cocktails were brilliant and there was a good choice of bottled beers. The food was great, good choice and any request was sorted. The staff were really chatty and friendly and we were even given a little tour of the building including the old prision cells downstairs - great for photo opportunities and scaring the Hen! Will definitely be going back! Thanks!

1 Thank ferrit21
blaenau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Budget world cinema nights-what an experience!”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Came here one evening romantically with the wife, as she had seen locally posters advertising world cinema nights. The film showing was 'buena vista social club' which i had never seen. As we walked through the door we were greeted by a young lady who gave me a cuban cigar as a celebration of cuban culture, and they had gone to the trouble of decorating the bar area in cuban colours and culture to add to the experience. We payed £5 to enter, what i didnt realize is that our food was included in the price too! I could understand why it was full of people. It was a light bite as such but a full plate of it and really nice. my wife really enjoyed herself sipping mojitos and watching the film on a comfy deck chair and i just couldnt believe that this was hapening locally.

I do believe that these cinema evenings happen mainly in the winter, checking the web site might be a good idea before hand.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank localboy25
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“CellB - class”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

When I visited a few months ago I was a little intrigued by the quirkeyness of the Cell so one of the owners went out of her way to give us a little guided tour - and the place is amazing. It's an old town courthouse, and it's named 'Cell' (which has the same meaning in Welsh and English but with different pronounciations) because of the many cells it had to house the old criminals. These original features are a big part of the building's attraction and the upstairs part is a cool cafe-bar. Probably the best choice of niche beers and spirits you'll ever see in rural North Wales!

From the posters I saw they get good local and global artists there regularly. I didn't get a chance to see any live music acts myself but the cream and jam scone made up for this! If you want to impress the staff, you can say 'Reu dy sgonsan'. No idea what it means

Visited February 2012