“One of the Best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blaenau Ffestiniog
Tal-Y-Bont Country House B&B
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This has got to be one of the nicest B and Bs I've stayed at. It's an old house which has been beautifully restored, with lovely views of the surrounding countryside. The bedrooms were spotlessly clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. For breakfast, as well as the traditional fry up, there was a huge selection of fresh fruit, yogurt and serials.

Best of all were the hosts, Ann and Denis, who made our stay very special, particularly putting up with my 80 year old Dad's sense of humour.

If you stay here you will need a car to get around, there are a couple of pubs for evening meals, but you'd probably want to drive to them. The entrance to the drive way is narrow and a difficult left hand turn to negotiate when coming out onto the main road.

Room Tip: The red room had great views and was spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was here last month with my wife, found this place on Tripadvicer and it really lived up to it's excellent reviews.
Dennis and Ann are great host's, all the advice and help you could wish for without being overpowering. great food, great accommodation in a fantastic location.
Will definitely go back.
As far as I am concerned this B&B is Faultless.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ricky G
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Checked out of tal-y-bont today, but I hope I would be able to return someday and stay much longer. Already missing the charming views of the valley and the river from the century-old bay windows, and the hospitality of Dennis and Ann (not to forget the brilliant breakfast!). For the 6 days I stayed there with my folks, it became a true home from home (just much better for my windows open to an abandoned warehouse). The great part is this - this was my parents first trip to UK from India and, in spite of the seemingly great differences in culture and language, they felt so welcomed and comfortable that my mother insisted she wouldn't leave without a photograph of the place along with the hosts as a souvenir. To quickly summarise - 1. Very clean, comfortable and spacious 2. Excellent hospitality and breakfast 3. Outstanding views 4. Perfect base to explore north wales 5. Has a small library with a wealth of local information

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Upon arrival at this picturesque location we were greeted by Denis & Ann who warmly welcomed us into their home. Our king size bedroom was perfect with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. We were made very welcome and had a lovely social evening with our hosts too. The breakfast was exceptionally tasty along with the packed lunch that we had requested for our onward journey to Snowdon. We would highly recommend this B&B that has a very personal touch and is in the prime location for Snowdonia National Park which is breath-taking. Many thanks, Mark & Julie ps: thanks for the loan of the walking poles too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Lovely hosts, accommodated us to the full at the last-minute, even as a vegetarian and gluten free-er they went above and beyond. The perfect B&B - we'll return to Tal-Y-Bont if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Dear Ann and Denis
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Everything was just perfect: The room, the view, the breakfast, the presents, the river, You!
You made our trip to Northern Wales very special - highest recommendations!

Warm greetings from
Marie Louise and Jeppe

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We traveled as a family of four (2 children 8 & 10) and stayed four nights in the family room. The room surpassed my expectations. I was a little skeptical when they told me that all four of us could fit into one room, but I was nicely surprised when we arrived. The room is very large, we all fit very comfortably including all of our luggage and we do not travel lightly! The bathroom was also very spacious. The view from our window was beautiful! Rolling green hills dotted with sheep and a river in the distance. My children loved playing in the yard, especially with Albert!Ann and Denis went above and beyond, from offering us beer/wine in the evening to taking care of my husband when he fell sick with a stomach virus. They truly went out of their way to make us comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family