We booked one night and ended up staying four! Owners, Chris and Patty had such vision to build these independent free standing chalets strategically placed around these huge rock outcroppings. The grounds are gorgeous with various fruit trees in abundance and wonderful caves to explore. Each bungalow is very private and has a free standing barbecue. Just ask for your barbecue utensils from Patty and you can cook up your own gourmet dinner at home (although we preferred dining at the fabulous Eatery on the Rock...Chris is an excellent chef...try the rack of lamb and salmon-yum!). The bungalows are very quiet, extremely clean and have big comfy beds, large TV, huge and very clean bathrooms with great showers and super strong water pressure. AC and heat is there if you need and very quiet. The free wifi is fantastic (Chris mentioned that the production team for The Lord of The Rings stayed here and hence wifi was major). Chris and Patty are very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. We loved our stay and hope we can return. We highly recommend The Rocks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks chalets offer 5 one bedroom affordable private island style chalets each with their own en suit bathroom, patio and garden, and 1 two bedroom family unit with private deck. The chalets have been built amongst the large Karst rock formations, which dominate the four-acre award winning gardens. Commanding breath-taking views of Takaka and the surrounding hills. Just minutes from beautiful beaches and all that Golden bay has to offer. The Rocks is perfectly located, within walking distance of Takaka township and sandwiched between two national parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand