We absolutely loved our chalet at The Rocks. As well as being spacious, spotless and comfortable, the eye-appeal was outstanding. Unusually for a motel, the bed had a footboard, ensuring the bedding did not escape off the end as often happens. Don't ever change that, Chris and Pat! The amazing rock formations around the property are great fun to explore and having the restaurant on site makes eating out easy (be sure to order the bread and dips - delicious!). While we managed without a sink for a couple of nights, for a longer stay it would be good to wash dishes without using the bathroom basin. A nice little addition would be a small coffee table in front of the sofa. We commandeered the patio table for the purpose and while it worked just fine, it looked a bit odd! Chris mentioned he is planning to install king-size beds and an outdoor bath in some units. We love a luxurious bed and for us, that includes a headboard and footboard, but we prefer a queen-size bed. A well-designed bath would be super, especially if there is space to put a glass (unbreakable) alongside. But these are minor points in what is a wonderful place to stay. We hope to return for a longer visit in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks Chalets offers 5 open plan private chalets each with their own en suite bathroom and patio, set amongst scenic karst rock formations. Each Chalet has a toaster, jug, cutlery, cups, plates, a fridge and a BBQ. Just a short drive from the beautiful beaches and all that Golden Bay has to offer. The Rocks is ideally located 800 metres from Takaka township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand