Our original plan was to just pass through Takaka so we only booked one night in the Quail room. When we arrived, the hosts upgraded us to the Kerere room- which was really nice, spacious and warm (once the heat pump had been on for a bit!). The setting of the chalets is stunning- natural rock formations and rolling hills surround the establishment. The hosts are nice and the food at the restaurant is good- so we decided to stay another night! Overall, great service, great room, great experience and we’d definitely book again if we visit in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks chalets offer 5 one bedroom affordable private island style chalets each with their own en suit bathroom, patio and garden, and 1 two bedroom family unit with private deck. The chalets have been built amongst the large Karst rock formations, which dominate the four-acre award winning gardens. Commanding breath-taking views of Takaka and the surrounding hills. Just minutes from beautiful beaches and all that Golden bay has to offer. The Rocks is perfectly located, within walking distance of Takaka township and sandwiched between two national parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand