If you're going to stay in Golden Bay, this is the only choice. We had the honeymoon cottage, which is the best of them -- a bit more private and secluded with its own "front yard" and wonderful lounge chairs to hang out in and watch the water. The breakfasts (delivered the afternoon prior) are plentiful and the rooms were always well cleaned and made up. Guest laundry facilities were particularly welcomed and a nice surprise. Wifi was a bit cantankerous, but not a big deal as we were there primarily to relax. Be prepared for the fact that Golden Bay is sparsely populated and all dining options (with the exception of the nearest place, Mussel Inn) require a 15+ drive. Adrift cottages have their own kitchens so preparing your own dinner at least one night was something we enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand