We stayed in some pretty magical places during our month long holiday in the South Island, but Adrift pipped them all !
We arrived quite tired after a seven hour drive from the Westcoast, but Gordon's relaxed and friendly attitude soon had us in 'Adrift mode'.
The Cottage (#2) was so beautiful and comfortable, with a spectacular view across lawn to the beach and ocean, utter bliss. Multi-fold doors opened to the deck from the living area, and very large windows in the bedroom made it quite difficult to catchup on some reading on the huge and comfy king size bed ... I kept glancing up and out to the vista ... to read or to gaze, decisions decisions !
The breakfast hamper was as others have described, along with freshly ground coffee for the plunger, and the offer of picking fresh herbs from the garden to complement our omlettes. Fresh milk and juice were also refreshed daily, and we took advantage of the guest laundry (available before 9am or after 5pm). Thanks, we were desperate !
Robes were supplied, and kayaks on offer, which my husband and daughter took up, lots of fun. They even allow you to take the deckchairs down to the beach. Our daughter slept on the sofabed, and she said that it was the most comfy of any that she'd slept on during the holiday.
Although the weather was a bit of a mixed bag, the cottage was just so cosy, even during rain and howling wind. The perfect excuse to borrow the Lord of the Rings trilogy from Adrift's extensive DVD selection available to guests.
There's just nothing more to say ... go there, go there NOW !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand