“Nice hotel in front of the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Gran Jimenoa

Hotel Gran Jimenoa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jarabacoa
Dominican Republic
“Nice hotel in front of the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are staying at this hotel you would need a car to drive and go to all the exciting activities in Jarabacoa town. At our arrival the frontdesks where really helpfull when I ask them about some adventure activities I wanted to do, they handed me a paper with activities and even called on my behalf to do some reservations. We stayed at a room with river view, eventhough I really loved to have a balcony in front of the river I was not very pleased by the room since it was really small and didnt even have a small fridge on it, when arrived there was not a full set of towels in the bathroom and i had to call so they bring it. The bed was nice and confy.
The restaurant is a bit expensive and food is not that great so we decided go out and have a nice meal that was worth it. The breakfast was not good at all and pretty unhealthy, cold fried eggs, fried cheese soaked with oil, mangú and only 3 variety of fruits... the breakfast was a big dissapointment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GRANJIMENOA, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gran Jimenoa, responded to this review, 9 February 2015
Dear Paola,

We appreciate all your comments and are truly sorry with the inconveniences you had during your stay. I will let my superiors know immediately about the fridge and we've been working on our menu.

Hope to see you once again in our hotel,

The family of the Hotel Gran Jimenoa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in the mountains along a river. If you need a break from a hectic life, this is where you should go. I cannot offer much on the pool as I didn't get a chance to use it. The grounds are well maintained; the eating area is serene. As you eat you can hear the rushing sounds of the river. You can really appreciate the outdoors.

The only trouble I had was waiting for the hot water to shower. Everyday you have to let the water run about 10 minutes before it would get hot. Other than that, I'm looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed February 2014
Dear AnEvangelist,

We appreciate your comments and are also looking forward to your next stay. We apologise you were not able to enjoy the pool area but during this time we were remodelling it, now its all set for you to enjoy during your next stay with us.

The situation you had with the cold water we've been working on it and hopefully its all done for your next visit.

The Hotel Gran jimenoas' family
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The pool is dirty, the jacuzy empty, the music in the pool area too loud and half of the terrace in construction (06 April 2014). The food is good, the rooms are lovely (standard room). Internet access only in front desk area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc D
GRANJIMENOA, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Gran Jimenoa, responded to this review, 3 February 2015
Dear Customer,

I am deeply sorry for the inconviniences you has in our hotel. As you saw they were renovation the pool area which already done. The loud music has been control and as of the smell could have been effects of the products used during the renovation.

Eitherway, next time you visit us feel free to contact me or the manager and we will be more than happy to assist you directly making sure everything is in order.

The famlily of the Hotel Gran Jimenoa
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am currently staying at this fabulous Hotel in the mountain Resort Town of Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic. Jarabacoa is desired because of its more moderate climate. Situated about 1500 feet above sea level it provides those from the Capital City of Santo Domingo and other cities some relief from the heat and humidity. The hotel is located right beside a beautiful river falls that you can hear in your room if you care to open the sliding door. The rooms are air conditioned, although you may not need it. The restaurant serves wonderful food. The wireless Internet is free, if somewhat slow at times of heavy use. I recommend a visit to Jimenoa Falls while in the area. It only costs a little over a dollar and you have to traverse several swinging bridges to get back to the Falls. I highly recommend this Hotsl if visiting the Jarabacoa area.

Room Tip: Ask for a "River View" room. It is well worth the little extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GRANJIMENOA, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Gran Jimenoa, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Jerry,

We are thrill to hear your comments, when you think of jarabacoa their ir no doubt that the Hotel is the best place to stay in. We apologize for the inconvinience you had with the internet, we are currently working on the reception and hopefuly when you returned you'll have a better service.

We look forward seeing you again,

The Hotel Gran Jimenoa's family!
Melville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I just returned from a wedding that was held at Hotel Gran Jimenoa. I stayed for one night at the hotel. The wedding itself was spectacular! The food and service were excellent! The room we stayed in was comfortable, but I found the lighting was very poor. One bulb was out and the wattage in the remaining bulbs seemed inadequate to light the room well enough. They only gave us oone towel for two people and when I asked for another they said they were being dried at would bring another but we never got one. I'm sorry I didn't get a room facing the river. I would recommend spending the extra money and getting the upgrade to a river front room. Breakfast the following morning was very good and plentiful. The restaurant was on the river and it was a beautiful experience eating with the river running just below you. Overall the stay was very pleasant and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a river front room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gilma,

We appreciate your comments and are so happy you had a great stay at our hotel. We value your comments and are truly sorry for any inconvenience you had with the light and towel at the hotel. Please on your next stay contact the manager directly so we could make it up to you.

We look foward seeing you again.

The Hotel Gran Jimenoa's family!
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed in Jarabacoa for two nights, and after staying the first night in the more 'busy' centre (Hotel Brisas del Yaque II), I decided to scale up a bit for 570 pesos more (2250 for one person, one night, room 212, officially not a riverside room, but I could hear/see it :) ). The hotel is fairly big, and I can imagine that when it's fully booked, it looses its main advantage, the nice and tranquil location in a green and lush environment next to the beautiful Jimenoa stream. The garden and the building also looked nice, I had the swimming pool and the river to myself (the jacuzzi was not working) and the staff were really friendly and helpful. One downside was the wifi however, as it was only available in the lobby and at a very low speed. The breakfast was included, which is a pretty good deal as you can choose anything à la carte, from mashed potatoes to pancakes and sandwiches, with coffee/juice, even hot chocolate (nice on a rainy morning). Great spot to get away from it all!

Room Tip: 212 is a cheaper room but looks out over the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lovaina,

We appreciate your comments and are very happy you decided to come to us. It is such a tranquil and relaxing stay that sometimes not even the internet is necessary, either way we apologize for the inconvinience you had with the wifi, we are taking hands on it to make the reception much better.

We hope to see you soon again and once again thank you for your stay.

The Hotel Gran Jimenoa family!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great staff good size rooms clean and well secure. Food is ok but should have more variety. Perfect for relaxation. Tv's need upgrade and some better light in the bathroom. Also need to get rid of some of the plastic pillows.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lya,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we appreciate your comments. Regarding your suggestions, we've been working on refurnishing our rooms with new pillows and new TVs. On your next stay make sure to ask for these rooms, we hope you had a great stay.

Looking forward meeting you again,

Hotel Gran Jimenoa's family!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jarabacoa
El Rey
Rancho Olivier Bed & Breakfast
Rancho Baiguate
Rancho Baiguate
#3 of 9 in Jarabacoa

Been to Hotel Gran Jimenoa? Share your experiences!