“Second visit”
Review of Rancho Baiguate

Rancho Baiguate
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the second year we have stayed at the ranch. The food is terrific. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The staff is helpful, especially with our limited Spanish. We went rafting and canyoning, and hiked to one of the local falls. Even the dogs were friendly. The stay is a great bargain with all of the meals being included. The rooms could use a few more lights, though, and the shower was a bit hit or miss. We feel that a few days here are a great way to wind down and will vivit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Baiguate, Owner at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Mark on behalf of the Baiguate Family we would like to thank you for your feedback.

It is very important for us and we take it very seriously.

We are glad that you had a good time at the Ranch and that you can relax and unwind.

Thank you again for you honest review and we expect to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stay a night in this place unfortunately because room is not available. Activities, good foods and friendly stuff. I enjoy staying here. I strongly recommend it.
Before coming here I did not want to stay because as I see this place out of the city. This is correct but which is not problem because I take motoconcho with 50 pesos just it takes 5 minutes. So do not think which is very far from center on the other hand there is no more things in center.

Room Tip: I stayed no 11 which is good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ayseozkaya
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great Rafting, Good tracks, Good food. Staff at activities are well trained, funny and kind. Owners family at reception seemed informative but tired of working, keeping theirs smiles for private life (if they have any...). Restaurant staff isn't friendly at all, speaking only spanish. Pool (not cleaned) and pool area (only 3 sunbeds) appear not for use. Room is dark even at all of the lights on, not have a TV or Hifi or just a radio for rainy hours or days. Mountain bikes ($25 /2 hrs) are in bad shape tecnically (badly functioning brakes and shifters!). I recomend this to activity fans, but for 2 days max. at 1 night stand!

Room Tip: Spedt 1 or 2 days for activities, choose the more you can do, stay not more than 1 night!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I've been visiting Rancho Baiguate for over two years now, and am always in awe of the place. The staff are very friendly, accommodating, and make me feel like I am part of the family. The facility itself is beautiful with a unique balance of modern and nature. Living with nature is evident here, and some of their environmental projects are quite amazing; natural waste systems, farming, butterfly garden etc. The rooms are comfortable, with hot water, and comfortable beds. The property has a basketball court, baseball field, volleyball , pool table, pool, high ropes, low ropes, and tons of other activities. Perfect for families or groups. One of the most amazing parts about this place is the fact that every time i visit they have added something new, or fixed something. It is obvious that they care about the facility, and invest back into it.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony and hammock are amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed with in-laws for a week in Jarabacoa, and outside of this place, there wasn't a lot to do in the area. I did a white water rafting trip through them which was a good value at 2000 pesos including breakfast and lunch. Then I came back another day for lunch and access to the property (basketball court, pool, river, etc) for $12. I didn't sleep here but got a look at the rooms which looked nice to me, but no TVs and wi-fi only available at the dining area. The property itself I thought was very nice with a fishing pond, butterfly garden, playground for kids, and the friendly resident dog, Tim. They also offer canyoning, hiking, and other excursions. If I ever go back to Jarabacoa, I'd like to stay here.

P.S. the Flan I had at lunch was awesome.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank thismanisnice
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We saw on Booking.com that there is one economy empty room, because we got in low season we didn't order it. When we got to the Baiguate we showed to the recaption man that there is room, he told us there is no eco-room, and we can take only the expensive one, so we asked to give us the expensive one by price of eco because it appears on Booking.com, but he told us it's not impossible because we didn't order it before, and a big group is coming tommorow in the morning. The group came only afternoon so we could tahe the eco-room... The recaption man olao forgot to tell us the we have a 50% disscount (it's 50$) on rafting because we are guests of the hotel, and we were nearly to leave this hotel and suddenly he desided to tell us this unformation after we asked him alot of times. Day after came there group of 60 teenagers, i asked to make climbing wall, the recaption man told me to come at 09:00 AM, ant after I dressed all the equipment the canceled it and told me that these children are very rich and the complain and make troubles for them because of me. That's why we didn't like it, but this hotel has a monopol on the atractions in this area. Don't do mountain bicycle, there bicycles are rusted and you have to pass them throu 2 wild rivers, I falled and hurted there. Rafting is very recommended. Walls in the rooms are very thin so we couldn't sleep because our neighbors from the left side had 2 little children and from the right side loved to sing in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ilana1988
Baiguate, Owner at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Ilana1988,

I do remember your stay at the Ranch and was present when the situation happened in the climbing wall. I have no words to express my apologies our mission is for our guest to have a good time stress free and I am sad that this was not your experience. I do promise you that the circumstances that led to your experience have been solved, so that others and hopefully you may enjoy a great stay at Rancho Baiguate.

Thank you for contribution and helping us offer a better service.

Sincerely

Rancho Baiguate Family

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed in Jarabacoa for a week (we did not sleep here) and did 2 trips with Ranch Baiguate, the white water rafting and the canyoning. WOW!! awesome!!! My husband and I LOVED both, especially the canyoning! What a rush!!! The final repele was 29 meters- crazy! It as so cool! While we were hiking down our guides Wilson and Adonis found wild passion fruit, bananas, and avacados for us to eat. Also, the trips included brakfast, lunch, and a cocktail afterwards - sweet! And Im a pretty picky eater (try to eat healthy and lots of these lunch included things only have unhealthy options) but they had a pretty big buffet of options for both meals. Also their gift shop is VERY well priced! We got a bottle of mamawana for 100 RDs (like $2.50USD) no bad! I would deffinetly reccomend this place! Also - the guide Wilson speaks fluent english and was very helpful at recommending an amazing dinner spot for us!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple