“Villa Celeste, An experience to behold”

Villa Celeste Estate
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jarabacoa
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Villa Celeste is lavishly set on a mountain of prestine natural beauty,everything was put together so well, from the moment we arrived
we were treated like family. It is a wonderful way to experience natures true beauty. Very relaxing, best sleep i've had in months, From all the amenities
to the sights. Excellent experience, wouldnt stay anywhere else, Love you guys,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We love you too Ed.

It was nice to host you and your lovely, beautiful new bride. You guys felt like old friends and family! Especially over nice cold-cold Presidente beers in town at 10:00AM! (that was fun!)

Thank you for choosing us out of all the other places in Jarabacoa. We are so humbled when our guests enjoy their stay and take the time to leave us a heartfelt review.

When you return in November we look forward to hosting you again.

Big hug and kiss,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Villa Celeste Estate , and I can say that I was impressed by everything I experienced! I have been to Dominican Republic on many occasions, but I wanted to try something different than the usual beach scene. I was told that eco-tourism was becoming more popular in DR, and I decided I wanted to go into the interior of the country and check it out. I looked into Jarabacoa, and wanted to stay in a place that offered nice amenities and comfort. Villa Celeste was perfect! The property is in a private community and was easy to get to from the airport in Santiago. I really enjoyed the presentation of the place, and right away I could tell Vanessa and David, the owners, had put of lot of time and effort in making the place as distinct and comfy as possible. From the fine towels, soft linens, plush furniture and lounge areas it was more than I expected. There were multiple levels throughout the property located on small hill that were ideal for spending some quiet time. I was able to relax completely and forget about the fast pace of life I experience every day since I live in big city. The staff at Villa Celeste was always very friendly and helpful, and the food that I ate there was extremely fresh and well presented. I especially liked the fruit in the morning. Through Vanessa I was set up various tours with Rancho Baiguate that included canyoning, hiking, and horseback riding. The most thrilling part of the tours was being able to rappel down the Baiguate River waterfalls and being able to swim at the bottom of the cascades. For the very low price I paid the package deal was more than worth it. The guides that took me on the tours were very knowledgeable and professional. I am seriously thinking of going back this summer to try some of the others tours I didn't get to do. I would recommend staying a Villa Celeste and experiencing this side of DR to any of my friends. Whether you want to just relax or be adventurous staying a this place will offer you all the opportunities you want!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you shared your experience with us and it was truly great to have you visit us. You became quite popular with the Canyoning and now the guides ask for you all the time.

I am so happy that you have contacted to us for your stay for the end of July. David will get so excited to host you, especially since he gets to paint the town red with you.

We will see you very soon, and we hope that we surpass your expectations again.

With love,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you're looking for a slice of heaven then really this it. Vanessa and David have put so much love and care into this property and are such gracious hosts that it is truly a difficult place to leave. From the moment we stepped inside they paid attention to every detail. My personal favourite were the delicious breakfasts cooked each morning by Ingrid. When we needed transport, Giovani drove us into town (for the equivalent price of a taxi). The property is gorgeous, with rooms split over three levels there is adequate privacy and the balconies provide a perfect place to rest after a day of rafting, canyoning or horseriding - which your hosts are happy to assist with organising. Jarabacoa is simply gorgeous.The lush forests of the DR highlands are truly something to behold and worth escaping to from the well-trodden all-inclusives at Punta Cana etc. I was lucky enough to enjoy my birthday in Jarabacoa, and of course Vanessa provided an excellent dinner recommendation for my friends and I to enjoy the occasion (Aroma de la Montana - best views around), and there was even arrange a birthday cake on my return! We couldn't have asked for a better, more memorable stay and would highly recommend Villa Celeste to anyone traveling to the DR.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Leah,

The only regret I have is not having jumped in that taxi with you girls to Puerto Plata! I am sure we would have had a blast!

It was great hosting the four of you. You were such delightful, funny, kind, and beautiful...ladies! I am sure Jovanni is still in high spirits because he got to hang with all of ya....

Thank you for choosing us as one of the many places to stay in Jarabacoa, we were lucky you decided on us.

Your birthday cake is probably my new favorite chocolate cake, I swear, that cake was amazing, probably the best I have ever tasted on the Island.

Would love to have you ladies back anytime you need a little weekend away. Would love to host you very soon!

Thank you for such an amazing review and the whopping 5 stars! I am so happy it turned out to be a great experience for all four of you. I love what we do.

Tell Marjorie, that little Valentina said "The cold never bother me anyway"...(let it go song - frozen). Big hug, to Rachel (she must be back home) and Sally.

With Love,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful few days in the mountains at Villa Celeste. Right from the beginning, Vanessa and David treated us like family. They are extremely friendly and empathetic hosts that set the bar very high for their guests. We slept each night in a luxurious mahogany bed overlooking the massive forest from the balcony and loved relaxing in the large, comfortable bathtub. We awoke each morning pampered by original and savory breakfasts made from scratch over great conversation and piping hot coffee as we gazed out over the misty mountainside and planned our hiking excursions.

As for when we returned in the afternoons, our hosts directed us to a nearby pool area and even stopped by later on for ribs, a hilarious chat, Dominican Karaoke, and some yummy cocktails! They also pointed us to Jarabacoa’s best restaurants and cafes, offering accurate reviews and easy directions. After returning from our dream-like mountain dinners, we would fall asleep after a drink at the villa’s on-site balcony-bar, listening to the wind rustle through the trees and the birds chirping off to sleep. Sound good to you??

I cannot stress enough how David and Vanessa’s attention to detail, their warm, generous hearts, and their down-to-earth conversations with us each day made the entire stay a step far beyond the usual DR “hotel” experience in every way, from their outstanding communication during the planning stages, through until the quick and easy checkout.

Bottom line - I have lived and worked in the DR for the last four years and visited all of the major cities, towns, and tourist areas. This is the best accommodation I have experienced in this country. On top of that, we experienced a problem with our rental vehicle during our stay. Vanessa and David instantly jumped into action, stood by our side throughout, and did everything they could possibly do to help us get back on track. In the end, we left Jarabacoa feeling full of peace, rest, raw adventure, new experiences, and some fantastic new friends, and I sincerely hope that you do yourself a favor and spend some time with Villa Celeste if you plan on visiting the area.

Room Tip: Get the balcony room!
1  Thank BryanWannaDance
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Our goal is to have all of our Guests experience what you experienced during our stay with us--well not everything (LOL!!!)....

You know, there is no Mountain, or Hills that can come between us staying connected. We shared many unique moments. David and I were really blessed to have been able to bond with you the way we did. You made our hosting you an incredible experience.

Thank you for noticing the details, and for being so kind and sweet, and open. You will see us in Cabarete and we will have many more "what if...." that David and I have thought about.

Forever marked in our hearts!

Love,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are seeking peace, beauty, and quality, then look no farther!

Located in the quiet vacation/residential neighborhood of Villas Alpes (about 15 min before the beautiful mountain town of Jarabacoa), Villa Celeste is lovely and well-kept. The high windows and balconies on every floor allow for sunlight and mountain breezes to continually float throughout the house. Each floor has comfy indoor and outdoor areas in which to lounge and relax. At the foot of the grounds is a covered terrace that faces a rock fountain. You couldn’t be more relaxed and rejuvinated at this place. The grounds are spectacularly beautiful and well-maintained, with a large variety of gorgeous tropical plants and trees. All you can hear as you sit on one of the many balconies is the chirping of birds of all kinds that are continually flitting about in the tropical, sun-lit forest that surrounds the house.

The staff are friendly, competent, and accommodating and will cater to your every need. The breakfasts are home-cooked and delicious, and were very enjoyable, eaten while seated in the morning sun streaming through the high windows of the sitting room. The rooms are the nicest we have ever stayed in in the DR (and I have lived here for 3 years) – very clean, with the best sheets and towels, and most comfortable bed ever. I also loved the bathtub. ☺ I also might add that the internet is superb; something else not easily found in the DR.

But most of all, you will love the owners, Vanessa & David. They are the friendliest, sweetest hosts, and we enjoyed many relaxing conversations with them. We took their suggestions about where to go during the daytimes to make the most of our trip. In particular, I’d like to mention Jamaca de Dios restaurant at sunset – located on a mountain in Jarabacoa with the most spectacular & breathtaking view of the entire valley and mountains beyond. We also really loved visiting the nearby waterfalls.

When we left, we felt like we were leaving friends we had known for a long time. We cannot wait until our paths cross again!

1  Thank Beth C

My dearest!

My husband and I got in this business not realizing the pleasure that it would bring us to meet wonderful people like you!

You guys made our stay and hosting you a wonderful experience for us . It truly was wonderful and I felt we could have talked for ever.

I am glad that you have us in your memory imprinted forever.... Most relationships begin slowly Uphill but since we are unique all of us in our own way ours begin from the "top - down"!

The possibilities are still endless of what could have.... It will make quite the story for all of us for years to come.

I owe you both a bottle of champagne when you return. I will figure out a way to fly you into the Estate--no need to worry. All the best in all you do.

With much love,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Jarabacoa is appropriately referred to as the Alps of the Caribbean. We were so looking forward to a quiet retreat and a change of scenery from the beautiful beaches of the north coast.
Villa Celeste is more of a B&B without the Breakfast (extra) located in a secure (gated & guarded) residential neighborhood. Most of these 'chalets' are second homes - and occupied predominately on weekends and during hot summer months. Being residential there was little to be done about the incessent barking of a yippy dog a few houses down..ALL day long into the early evening too for the entire weekend. The neighbors threw a party Saturday night with singer which broke up at 2:28 am. Gratefully, it was an adult party not kids. The singer had a terrific voice with instrumental ccompaniment We heard it all, loud and clear. Tip: Residential neighborhood.
While Villa Celeste has done everything right with plush towels, luxurious linens, fine china and overstuffed furnishings the house offered multiple terraces and sitting areas in what can only be described as a maze of levels and entrances.
That's the good news...it's down hill from here.
We were encouraged to take the Queen not King bedroom because the Queen had a balcony. NOT a queen bed - in the States it is called a Full. Screens on the windows & the slider to the balcony would have been a nice touch to keep the bugs out, especially in the evening. Who wants use a/c in the mountains?? No TV. no Radio. No safe in bedrooms. Everything is EXTRA...even water.
We paid the exorbitant price $12 each for a nothing special breakfast - actually it was downright disappointing and not good. For $12 in the DR one expects much better. Mango & strawberry's were in season, being sold everywhere along sides of the road. None on our plates though. So much for helping the local farmers. We were again gouged the OUTRAGEOUSLY OBSCENE price of $23 each for what was, in our experience, local roadside dominican chicken and rice. And only a 1/2 chicken and certainly not cooked on premises. It was cold, dry and as far from representation as possible. This was a $650 peso meal, at best. $650 total for two! Canela went out & picked up our pricy dinner on his moto, brought it back in a cardboard box! Who's kidding whom here?
Our first tip off was Vanessa the owner, not on premises, she manages the Inn from NEW JERSEY. Assuring us all will be well as she manages, virtually being always on line yadda yadda. The 'staff' of 2 (& breakfast cook) were nice but there were language issues, our Spanish is poor and the staff's English almost non existant. But we got by, others may not fare as well.
We took the $60 tour so recommended by Vanessa. She set it up and was most concerned and pressed us for a $15.00 non refundable deposit - to go on our credit card in the event we stood up the tour guide. For she wouldn't want him to miss another tour opportunity. We resisted seeing no need for we would pay the Guide direct in cash. Imagine our surprise to witness what was attempted as a discreet 'transaction' between tour guide and Jovani, the staff. Yes, fee back to Vanessa. So much for her altruistic babble about helping the locals.
But wait, there's more! Our tour was 1.5 hour car ride (our car) to a town called Costanza (are we going to Ebano Verde renown gardens?) anyway, had we known it was such a long ride (we drove him) over winding, curvy S shaped mountain roads we NEVER would have gone along. When we got to Costanza, our 'Guide' instructed us to drive to a barrio where his friend lived. Guide then climbed a tree and handed us a passion fruit. Really. From there to the City's delapidated central park where the poor shoe shine boys were only outnumbered by the pigeons. From there (now we're fuming!!) Guide says we are to go to see the roses (in spanish of course). He instructs us to drive to a road side NURSEY/GARDEN CENTER. Yes, this really happened & have pictures to prove it. Driving over an hour back on those scary roads, we tell Guide we want to eat. Returning to Jarabacoa he takes us to a pizza 'joint' (so much for local flavor) NO - we requested chicken (easiest). WE spotted something which turned out to be quite good. That's when amazingly Jovani shows up to direct us back to the Inn and that's when these two settled up at our expense.
Vanessa who HIGHLY recommended this Tour with her Guide is just as culpable . Her virtual management is a virtual joke and the joke was on us. We are NOT strangers to the DR. We visit at least twice a year and without a doubt we have never been taken such advantage of. We were almost embarrassed to confess to our Dominican friends how ripped off we were by the charges at Villa Celeste.

We did venture out Saturday night and ate directly across the street from the entrance to the neighborhood. Food was terrific, the waitstaff (Carmen) was charming & attentive. The cost (dinner for 2 + drinks) was a whopping $700 pesos. Now that's more like it.

Don't say we didn't tell you so....

6  Thank FalWetVet
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

We value greatly customer feedback and take it very seriously as we love to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful experience.

Thank you for sharing with readers that our Estate “has done everything right with plush towels, luxurious linens, overstuffed furnishings”, and rated us highly on cleanliness as well. We were delighted that you noticed that we are a very “secure (gated & guarded).” We want our guests to know that our security is great when staying with us.

Villa Celeste Estate is a place of relaxation therefore, we do not have televisions in any of our rooms. This allows our distinct & exclusive clientele to really disconnect and enjoy our beautiful natural surroundings.

I am happy to announce that in June 2014 we will be adding a television to our beautiful bar lounge so that guests who are looking for light Television Entertainment will now have access to this amenity in our lovely lounge area. Thank you for kindly highlighting this in your review.

Breakfast at our Estate is not a typical breakfast that you would find at other locations in the area. Our meals are prepared fresh each morning and and the $12 deal price does include: Coffee, Bread, Fruit, and Natural Juice. Since you were there two mornings I see that you just did not like the meal served on your last day --a nice red-pepper potatoe-mash with “Baked” cheese--had you mentioned this to me or our staff, I would have kindly refunded you for that meal that you were not satisfied with. Typically, in other areas food items are priced a-la-carte and would actually exceed our economical $12 price.

I am sorry you were disappointed with my absence during your stay. I tried to stay very well connected with you by staying in constant contact with you via text messages and emails. You seemed to be fine with these arrangements emailing me and letting me know that you were fine and enjoying the tranquility. We do not run our business virtually; we are actually very involved, very present owners and do from time-to-time take time away as well so that we can always be ready to continue to provide our guests with great service.

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the tour and regret your negative experience with the guide who we referred. We will definitely take actions immediately to understand what about this “local experience of Constanza” was not within your expectations.

To address the deposit I requested if you cancelled the tour: you were never charged the $15 deposit. When I discussed the tour via email our discussion was that in the event you cancelled the tour on the same day I would need to charge you $15 to pass along to the tour guide so that he would at least be compensated for losing a day of work. I am literary quoting your email where you wrote in response to the $15 dollar fee if you cancelled: “understandable Vanessa”; “we are not your typical gringos and are most sensitive to the dependency of those locals providing services”.

We regret that during your stay you felt “taken advantage” of. I really wish you would have communicated to us how uncomfortable you were during your stay and I am really surprised since in an email you wrote to me during your stay (I am quoting you again) --“Thanks so much-this is terrific”. I don’t know how your stay went from terrific to downhill.

I have quizzed our staff and they as well were not aware, and are surprised that you felt this way throughout your stay. I assure you we would have immediately remedied any of your angst and wished you would have notified and given us the opportunity to make your stay more pleasant.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we love when our guests communicate as soon as they can when they are not satisfied so that we have the opportunity to make things rights.

Wishing you the best,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is like no other place in Jarabacoa. I have lived in Santo Domingo all of my life. Villa Celeste Estate is by far a place that is incomparable to any place in Jarabacoa.

The bedrooms are beautiful. The design of the interiors is so comfortable and amazing. What comfortable bedding! I wonder how much they spend on their towels. Best towels I’ve ever used!

The staff is so pleasant, kind and loving. The Food –Amazing and delicious. We had breakfast and everything was made fresh to order for me and my girlfriend.

The owners Vanessa & David were great from the moment we made our reservation they immediately got back to us, and were very attentive.

If you like an exclusive-high-end location in the mountains, then you need to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi!

Thank you for such a wonderful review! You and your Partner were an amazing couple to host. The stories you shared, the laughs and the conversations were really a gift to us during your stay. Canela and Jovanni liked you very much and want you to return very soon.

I am glad you had the best relaxing experience, and you must return once it all gets crazy in "la Capital". We promise to have that delicious coconut drink ready upon your return.

See you very soon!

Vanessa & Avid

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jarabacoa
Hotel Gran Jimenoa
#2 of 14 in Jarabacoa
Rancho Baiguate
Rancho Baiguate
#3 of 14 in Jarabacoa

Been to Villa Celeste Estate? Share your experiences!