A fabulous area and this place is tucked away at the foot of the town with a babbling brook at the rear where our room was - very quiet location. The cable car lift was literally across the road or the ski bus stop both a 3-4min walk. Access to the Sella Ronda ski area was great (though you're not quite on it exactly it was 2-3 lifts away) and had something for everyone - except maybe those skiing with absolute beginners or very small children as the first run from the top is a red and a fairly steep start. The only option for these folk would be to get on the ski bus to Alba or find the nearest nursery slope of which there was one in the village.
Hotel itself was very well stocked, the food was superb and wholesome - we did not go hungry! (As we'd expected to get pasta and pizza all week), we were pleasantly surprised by all the fresh vegetables, cereals and fruit on offer. They even had complimentary cakes for when you get back from your skiing or snowboarding.
The rooms were very comfortable and spacious (we have 11 and 9 yr old children too) and managed 4 to a room fairly well. The main bed beds are huge too, some/most rooms had balconies which looked across the snow to the mountains and cross country trails (I think this is where the publicity picture is from as we thought the place was in the middle of nowhere judging by the photo). Beware of the Italian smoking policy, they have ash trays in all rooms which suggests it's allowed, but the three rooms we booked for our party did not smell at all. The bathrooms all had a bath, shower, WC and a bidet too.
The spa and pool were excellent - I have never been in a better steam room as this either. The Jacuzzi was pretty good too with relaxing "deck chair" style forms under the water where you can soothe the days aches away. They also had a sauna, plunge pool, swimming pool (small) and relaxation areas. The only downside is that this place was only available between 4 and 7pm and if you want to use the pool you need swimming caps. I think it was fairly new as some areas were still being decorated.
There's a failry decent ski room and boot room with warmers, but I think in busy periods you'd find it tough to get a warmer as there were not many of them. You could also get a locker for your your own ski gear if required.
One more thing, if you're going with Tui, Thomson or Crystal then you may want to look at alternatives to their ski hire shop as it was a fair walk. We soon realised there were 3 others much closer and my shoulder still aches 4 days after coming home from carrying everything!
Apart from this minor annoyance, we had the best time. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and you'd do well to ignore the pessimistic reviews here - just ask with a smile and learn a few odd words of Itailan as manners go a hell of a long way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The HotelThe Park Hotel Rubino **** Deluxe Canazei, 4-star hotel offers comfortable and refined with cherry wood paneling and an elegant atmosphere, located in a quiet and sunny location, near the forest, close to the town centre, and the Col Rodella Skilift linked to the Sella Ronda - Dolomiti SuperSki, the starting point for some of the most beautiful walks in the Val di Fassa. The hotel has large lounges, the Excellent & Romantic Restaurant “Il Giglio Rosso", private park with barbecue, fitness trail and mini playground next to the hotel (in the summer). Garage and parking;The rooms Spacious and comfortable, all equipped with bath or shower, telephone, satellite TV, mini bar, radio, safe, hairdryer, balcony. Classic rooms, Prestige, Prestige Gold, Prestige Suites;Fitness & Wellness In the hotel: regenerating moments of pleasant well-being in the modern fitness centre and relaxation: swimming pool, whirlpool, bio sauna, Turkish bath, cold bath, relaxarium, gym.50 m.away from the hotel, The Gallery - Sporting Club has Technogym-equipped fitness room, beauty packages, 5 different massage cabins, a “Land and Sea” cabin with heated quartz sand loungers, the Oriental cabin of meditation and harmony, the Occidental cabin where massage is accompanied by colour therapy, heat, aromas and slight movement of water that recreates the beneficial relaxation of the Sea . Gourmet & Catering High class quality cuisine with local, national and international dishes, combined with impeccable service and the best wines from our cellar. Menu with a choice of starters and main courses. And weekly gala dinners. International breakfast buffet, salad buffet and choice of dessert, baby menu. Furthermore, petite carte (special meals on request - extra);Entertainment UHCInternal and external activities of sport, entertainment and cultural & musical evenings, with live music, shows, movies, TV, dvd, in the hotel and / or at the Gran Tobià Taverna Teater (800 seats).L’albergoIl Park Hotel Rubino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Park Hotel & Club Rubino Executive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel And Club Rubino Executive
- Park Hotel & Club Rubino Executive Campitello Di Fassa, Italy - Province Of Trento