“Average beds and dirty floors.”

Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Bry sur Marne
and 1 more site!
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Bry sur Marne
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bry-sur-Marne
Aseda, Sweden
“Average beds and dirty floors.”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It was good for the price but could be cleaner. It's location was good if you are there for the trot, as it is close to the racetrack "Vincennes". Breakfast at the hotel was not great as there was no fresh bread nor any ham to put on it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Oharu-cho, Japan
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The staff was very helpful to make a call by using his personal phone for booking the show when I failed to do it through website.
However, the location is far from the railway station. About 20 mins walking is needed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JapaneseMan
Northampton England
Reviewed 16 August 2012

A basic Etap style hotel, with the standard facilities / rooms you'd find in these hotels. Good price, particularly for August. Its real advantage is its only a mile or so from a RER station that one way is 20 mins from disneyland, and the other way is 40 minutes from Paris. Ideal for a family with some kids young enough to want disneyland, and others way too cool !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Very basic hotel, low price but corresponding quality.
The room was small, with very basic items provided; the smell was unpleasant and the window very little.
Reception closed in the night: just a machine to confirm a booking or to enter the hotel.
Breakfast less than expected for the price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bry-sur-Marne hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I always stay at Etap hotels when I'm in France. But this particular event made me feel sick and extremely upset .

It would be my first (and last) stay at Etap hotel Bry-Sur-Marne (Marne-la-Vallee).

I had travelled overnight and got to the hotel at about 8am. I met a black man at the reception/ counter. (I'm a black woman as well). He happened to speak English, so our conversation shifted to English - he told me that he was originally from Benin in West Africa ( A Benenois-Cotonou) and seemed ok. He also mentioned that he would be traveling to Benin very soon and that he had only just paid for his ticket to Benin. (Eventually he stole my money). After I paid the bill for three nights, he mentioned that I couldn't check-in yet. In spite of the fact that he may have noticed how worn out I was from the long journey. He mentioned something about it being a Friday, they'd open at 5pm. I was too tired to argue or plead or ask questions. I only wondered.

He said I could leave my luggage with him since I wouldn't be able to enter my room yet. I unwillingly agreed- not that I had a choice. I hadn't slept overnight and obviously wasn't thinking well. I left the bag with him (as i have done at many other hotels in many other countries).
I had only three days to spend in France and thought I might as well go out immediately anyway. ( But I would have honestly wanted to get in the room, pray, sort out my luggage, freshen up and rest for a bit before going out).

I had my local currency (Naira) in the luggage. I went to Paris and got back late in the afternoon. The first thing I noticed was that my 28,000 Naira (about 125 Euro) was missing from my luggage. I immediately went to meet him . It was obvious he was the one who stole my money. He did not have anything to say and mentioned that I should check my bag "well". He kept having a smirk on his face. For three days, I kept asking for my money. I asked to see the manager, but he didn't produce any manager. There was nothing in the hotel to indicate where the Manager's office might be.

At some point, he told me that he had spoken to his manager about it and that the manager said that the case would be reported to the police. I was happy about that and asked him to let me know when the police would come in. The following day, he said that he would not call the police anymore and that I could go to the police station myself. I was utterly disappointed. During the argument, I had thought my debit card was missing also (only for about 10 seconds) then i saw it immediately. He (the same man) immediately had been 100% sure that my debit card wasn't missing. How had he known that my debit card wasn't missing too? He didn't have the same confidence concerning the stolen currency.

For the whole three days, I was so upset and cried and cried. The three day visit was really not fun anymore. I had planned to visit some places of interest, but I couldn’t anymore. I couldn’t spend as much as I had planned.

He had seen that my French wasn't too good, and that I would only be in France for three days, and cashed in on that opportunity. His co-worker at the hotel told me that if I went on about it, they would ask me to leave. All they kept saying was that the hotel accepts no responsibility. I know that the thieving receptionist also knew. That was why he opened my luggage and stole my money

The experience had been horrible and there was no one for me to talk to. This was the first time I would experience such and couldn't wait to leave France. I also wanted my money back and couldn't stop thinking about it even after I had left.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bry-sur-Marne
B&B Hotel Noisy le Grand
#2 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes
Campanile Nogent Sur Marne
Campanile Nogent Sur Marne
#1 of 4 in Nogent-sur-Marne

Been to Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Bry sur Marne? Share your experiences!