“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Staff was nice and the setting good (the garden in the back is really cute and you can sit outside in the sun which is enjoyable).

But I was disappointed with food.

Galettes are made with black flour when I prefer buckwheat. My complete was very average. The sea salted caramel on my crepe was bathing in butter. Now don't get me wrong. Crepes = butter. But not like that.

My partner had mussels which were undercooked.

Finally it took them ages to serve us. They apologise and offered a bottle of cider which we all appreciated.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We, a mature couple, stopped here for lunch after having looked around the market. We sat in a lovely garden with views of the sea not too distant away. We both had delicious crepes. I wasted mine down with an excellent Tellen Du beer". My partner washed her's down with a bolee of local cider. The food and drinks were very good and the service was good.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We found this crêperie by chance and were invited to eat either in the front room (which appeared a bit dark) or in the garden room -- no brainer! We stuck with our normal galette and salad lunch, but did save room for a Dame Blanche.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We visited at lunchtime for a quick bite before biking back to our campsite. Carentec itself was empty it was roughly 2pm on a Wednesday and I've now learnt that most shops etc shut between 1-3pm so maybe that's why!! As such the place was also empty but it meant we could sit outside. We ordered two savoury crepes and one sweet crepe to share. All were very well cooked and tasty but they were just crepes what you see is what you get no sides or extras. We also had a Diet Coke and a beer and altogether it was €25 so not bad but not amazing either!

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the visit. In fact stopped off a few times after our bike rides for a drink and pancake watching the world go by. Friendly team behind the bar. Simply no frills restaurant. Would recommend.