“Still my favourite Italian”
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Wolsingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warm friendly family dining with fresh cooked pasta, pizza, steak and chicken dishes,
Durham, United Kingdom
“Still my favourite Italian”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I have visited this restaurant again last night. I absolutely love the mussels in tomato and chilli......favourite starter ever!! Staff very friendly and helpful...lovely atmostphere!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Audrey C

UK
“Just had to laugh, but not a great birthday”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant fairly late the night of my birthday after a failed attempt to eat elsewhere (our preferred location was closed on Mondays!). We were both relieved to find it and happy to enter what seemed to be a clean and recently refurbished Italian eatery. Prices seemed reasonable and the menu was ok, although less choice for vegetarians than we have seen elsewhere.

Due to my pregnancy I am not drinking any alcohol, but will have a few sips of wine on a special occasion. I asked the server if I could have a smaller glass of wine than what was advertised or a half a glass and whilst trying to explain why I was told "No, we don't do that here". Having met quite the opposite response at two very fine restaurants for Christmas and New Year's, I was rather taken aback. Is there a law against pouring a smaller glass of wine out of a bottle and charging the customer for half a full glass? What barrier is in the way of that? It was an absurd excuse. Of course a half glass of wine could have been poured for me.

After being denied a toast on my last child-free birthday, we ordered olives and two pizzas. There were a few small things we would have liked to have changed on the pizzas, but feared that "they didn't do that here". Fortunately we were in a good mood and laughed about our misfortune, but found that we were whispering a great deal. The place was empty except for one table in a different room and sound carried through the barren premises. Once our laughter started to echo back on us, we realised that it was rather lacking in atmosphere (although if it was busy it might not have felt that bad).

We agree with an earlier reviewer that the pizzas were not very good and we would have appreciated a description of the particular four cheeses. My husband quite likes blue cheese, but I am fairly certain it was on my pizza as well, which pregnant women are advised to avoid. I was too hungry to care, so I ate the pizza anyway. It was too soft and squishy. The olives were no better - bland and probably out of a big bulk tin.

We would go back again, as everything deserves a second chance but we won't have high expectations for the quality of the food. However, the other aspects of our experience are more likely to improve.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank krisfire
Wolsingham, United Kingdom
“always good”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

yet again seen in the new year at buon appetito. as usual staff fab food fantastic. would highly recommend

Visited December 2013
1 Thank colmart
“Another fabulous Visit”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Another fabulous visit to our local restaurant, and great value for money. Myself and my husband had the king prawns for starter that were very tasty (I can recommend them in tomato & chilli sauce) then for the main meal the chicken stuffed with brie is to die for...

Don't judge the restaurant on a few negative reviews we have been going for a year and have never been disappointed.

The staff and owners have always given us first class customer service.

1 Thank wolfie40
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Lovely Italian restaurant been here several times although I live on the south coast so tells you how good it us. Friendly staff lovely food and jade us welcome even dressed in our pj's before our trip on the Polar Express thank you for making us feel so welcome

• Visited November 2013