“2/1/2014”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wenvoe
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“2/1/2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great value, very clean, staff excellent, great welcome. would recommend to anyone.Beefeater restaurant attached was very convenient and was good value, although menu was limited due to several items not being available, but to be fair it was between Christmas and New Year when resupply would be difficult.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

stayed for 2 nights early december over a weekend with my partner & 2 children in a family room. Excellent price, clean good sized rooms & friendly staff.
Ate in the attached restaurant which was very busy (friday night) but still good.
Breakfast service is rather slow for the hot food, surprising as it was quiet but was nice & plenty of it. Continental buffet had a good enough selection.
We'll definitely use again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Windermere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great hotel and great one night stay. Great price for what you get and the staff are welcoming and helpful.Beds and furniture are very much the same as all other Premier inns so although they are basic we were both very satisfied. I was amazed to see how great Cardiff was compared to a just a few years ago.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne H
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn for it's proximity to the swimming pool. After staying here we will definitely be coming back when we are in Cardiff for swimming events. The hotel was in a very quiet location we had excellent service, friendly staff, a comfortable room and good food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan M
Newark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Staff very helpful and available all times of the day and night. Good restaurant next door. You must try their breakfasts. You can have a really good nights sleep. Parking and access for wheelchairs very good. Within easy reach of the sea and Cardiff. A really good place for the family to enjoy themselves.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony H
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

As usual, everything I'd come to expect from Premier Inn. Spotlessly clean, very good bathroom and comfortable bed. Bigger telly than usual! Very minor niggles only - a bit of traffic noise (not a problem on a cold November night with the windows shut but might be another story in July) and a room thermostat and heater that both clicked rather loudly as the heating came on and off throughout the night. Helpful and friendly staff. I had room 40, not as big as some in which I've stayed but fine for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sim0n1967
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Well after staying here on business and having stayed in many premier inns. Even though this hotel has recently been refurbished it's about average.

The beefeater next door was on the other hand aweful! I have never been in such a place that serves poor food and has aweful service!

The first night I stayed I only had breakfast in the morning and I was served two burnt sausages that I could even see the meat. They were so burnt they had shrunk so small I wondered what they were.

I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and stayed one night the following week.

Oh dear... What a mistake. First Of all I had a 45 minute wait for food then it finally came and I have never ever had so much grissell in a rack of ribs. I mean what animal did that come from?? The waitress then had the cheek to ask if I wanted another drink because I ran out waiting for food. Anyway I managed to get a free pint after complaining.

The meat was also very poor quality.

So thought I try the pudding which was ok but took 20 minutes to arrive.

My breakfast the next morning was ok but told they only had 1 sausage left after asking for two. Not really all you can eat then is it?

I wouldn't come back here if you paid me and for a business trip well, I won't be recommending this one.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Realtek28
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenvoe
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Premier Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel
Future Inn Cardiff Bay
Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel
Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel
Premier Inn Llantrisant Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel? Share your experiences!