La Grange de Conde
Hotels.com
Hotel Le Chatelain(Faulquemont)
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnon smokersone nightcomfortable roomnice dinneren routegreat stopbeautiful hotelsmall villagebreadcondegrangelorrainemetzcountrysideregionbikesreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Disclaimer: I did not stay at this hotel, I had to cancel our reservation due to a medical emergency.

I made a reservation through www.expedia.com for this hotel and unfortunately had to cancel the day of due to a medical emergency (we were in the hospital all weekend). I called Expedia to cancel the reservation and they were able to contact the hotel for me and fax/email a cancellation. I thought everything was fine until the following Monday I was charged for the stay and received an email from the hotel staff stating I never cancelled the reservation.

I immediately contacted www.expedia.com again to remedy this situation and responded to the hotel staff email. The Expedia staff contacted the hotel and the hotel staff was completely unhelpful and unwilling to accept the cancellation stating it was never sent - even when I forwarded the email confirmation of the cancellation. It has been a month since this awful experience and I still have yet to be refunded for my cancelled reservation.

Bottom line: Beware if you have any issues and need to cancel your reservation. Make sure you get in writing from the hotel staff the reservation was cancelled.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dexter-love
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here again, needing an overnight spot near the A4 east from Paris, and it was again good. Friendly staff, adequate rooms, rather good restaurant, not far from the Autoroute to Strasbourg.

It was the mirabelle season and we had the mirabelle menu of 5 courses, almost all with mirabelles as a component. We'll very likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here on the way up north. Like most reviewers, the location lends itself to be used by travellers through France. It is really close to the motorway but far enough to be safe and quiet. Staff were simply great - so friendly from the reception we were given when we first walked in to the kitchen staff who shook our hands as we walked past after our evening meal. The hotel has a selection of Cuban cigars which can be enjoyed in their reception area/ cigar lounge. Laze in a leather chair and have a puff if that is your bag ! Rooms were very good with a safe and a DVD player if you want to borrow a film to watch.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

First visited this hotel in Sept 2011, and planning another European trip, felt that we had to include it again. It is a very well appointed hotel, with friendly staff and owners. The rooms are a very high standard as are all facilities including the pool area and restauarant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We needed a place to stay on our way back from Strasbourg to Calais, and this turned out to be an excellent choice. Only a few km from the autoroute, plenty of parking, warm welcome, good room with a comfortable bed, and we had good dinner and breakfast. The room had a view over the garden (which we didn't explore, unfortunately, because there were so many snow showers). When we need a place to stay in this area again, we'll certainly be back. The owners are obviously doing well because they are building a new section by converting the building next door.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple