“Two day visit before return to England.”

Hotel Chateau Tilques
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tilques
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel set in magnificent grounds.
The Charm Room was comfortable with a huge bed but towels were not tidied or water replenished on our second day.
The charming gentleman is reception was most helpful in giving us advice on a safe cycle route to take into St Omer and a map of St Omer.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choices but the meal on the set menu was mediocre. The service was slow but pretentious.

1  Thank chrisallan97
StephaneJoly, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Tilques, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of Le Château Tilques on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that is a beautiful hotel set in magnificent grounds and I will personally pass on your warm comments to the receptionnist who was most helpful, you can be shure he will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Concerning your remarks on the towels, the meal abd the service I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I have immediately reviewed this point with the team concerned and necessary action has been taken.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Château Tilques, very soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my favourite Chateau near the Euro tunnel. We were given the same room as last year in the Annex ,large bright room, very quiet ,modern bathroom, separate toilet, big King size bed and a small balcony with chairs. Dinner and breakfast served in lovely old Barn between the main house and the Annex .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a warm review of your stay on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words will be relayed to the entire team here who will be delighted to hear that is your favourite Chateau near the Euro tunnels. It is fabulous to hear your description of the room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your favorite Château, your French home, Le Château Tilques.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed here before but the hotel has recently changed ownership and for us it just lacked a bit of its previous appeal.

The thing that impressed us last time was the food and this was one of the reasons we decided not to drive straight to Calais and to book a night here but after a week of travelling France this was our least inspiring meal. Whether that was because we decided to go for a room and meal deal and not a la carte I don't know, but the meal was disappointing and we paid about the same as we had been paying all week for a room and a la carte so maybe the standards had slipped in fact another guest also said they felt it had changed so maybe it was just not us.

Our room was also small with a small window so it was dark. It did have a very nice walk in shower though. The hotel also has a pool which was nice as we had it to ourselves.

So - nothing terrible but not as good or impressive as last time.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Le Château Tilques and also for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Tripadvisor .

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful night here on the last night of our French holiday. Really comfortable room in the Chateau, well appointed with super bathroom en-suite.

We had a garden view room, very peaceful, very special.

Dinner in the Restaurant was a delight. We ate from the 3 course menu, it was all just right; the wines on offer were all of a good quality and the waiter very knowledgeable and helpful.

We did not have time for the swimming pool but had a quick look around and found it to be very well serviced, clean and inviting.

We will stay again, next time for longer.

Room Tip: Would always choose a ,garden view' room inside the Chateau.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your stay on Tripadvisor!

Your feedback is highly valued and I will personally relay your kind words to the entire team.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful night, your Dinner in the Restaurant wich was a deligh and also that you will stay again, next time for longer.

Thank you again for all your great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to your French Home, Le Château Tilques, very soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned from a five day break at this lovely hotel. Our room in the new part was excellent, well appointed and a nice balcony although we didn't have much of a view. We had the swimming pool to ourselves first thing in the morning and it was very well maintained. Unfortunately the hotel was badly let down by the restaurant. There was a very limited choice at dinner and the actual food which we did order was not impressive. The menu of the day didn't change at all during our stay which given the very limited selection was surprising. Breakfast the first day was a disaster. We were in by 9.15, service finished at 10.00. The fresh fruit was finished, no bread, no bacon and the scrambled was really stuck it the dish. We did ask for some bread and bacon and were given a very small amount which I think had been on its way to the staff!
We didn't have dinner in the restaurant again preferring to dine at various other restaurants in St Omer and a hotel in Ypres, all of which were less expensive and the food was much better.
We did have two other breakfasts as we needed to have something before going out all day, these were better than our first experience but nevertheless expensive for what was being produced.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new building
1  Thank Diane B
StephaneJoly, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Tilques, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your comment on Le Château Tilques with the community of Tripadvisor. We love to read that Le Château Tilques is lovely.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and the swiming pool.

However, I regret that the restaurant and the breakfast was not up to the standards during your stay and I would like to express my most sincere apologies. Be assured that I have reviewed your comments with the team concern so as to take immediate action.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Le Château Tilques.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is in a beautiful peaceful setting and very convenient for Calais. The restaurant was disappointing - the food was bland and not of the standard we were expecting, or of the quality one would expect for the price. The hotel is pretty expensive - €8.50 for a beer and €13 for an appetiser. The room in the chateau was very small and cramped and there is no air conditioning.

Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your opinion after your stay at Le Château Tilques.

First of all we wish to apologize for the food wich was bland and not of the standard you were expecting .We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've stayed at this hotel a few times. Only 30 minutes from Calais so it suits going out and returning to the UK. Nice grounds and you have a choice of the Chateau or the newer section and I think I prefer the newer. Nice walks around the area and they have a nice underused pool. The reason I won't be back - the restaurant. The breakfast is ok, just ok. Dinner is usually also ok but on our last visit just awful. The service was not good at our table but it was faster than the table next to ours. They were still waiting after 40 minutes. Our food was badly presented, cold and just totally unappetising. The wine is ordinary and slightly overpriced. I called the Maître D and complained bitterly telling him the restaurant should be ashamed to serve food this badly. To his credit he offered to replace our meals but this is never acceptable to me. On leaving I also complained to the evening manager. Everyone can have a bad day but it's what you do about it that stays with you. When leaving the next day I was presented with the bill. I asked if they had received my complaint. After some shuffling on their computer I was told "yes". So why have you not deducted the cost. Poor lady then phoned the Maître D and said "You were offered another meal". I told her unfortunately I was unable to pay for this meal. To my amazement she said there was no way to remove the cost because the rate included dinner - What? I said again I would not pay but then she said I must because the manager was away and she had no authority. Why don't I pay and when the manager returned he would call me and arrange a refund. I had a better idea I deducted a reasonable cost of the meal and asked that the manager call me or email me and if he could convince me that the meal was worth paying for, I'd pay.
I'm still waiting for any follow up.
My advice to anyone staying here would be to travel out to eat. There's plenty of nice places fairly nearby. Don't risk a bad evening in the hotel restaurant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike E
StephaneJoly, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Tilques, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a complete review of your stay with us. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and thus we are grateful that you have been so detailed in your review.

It is a pleasure to read that you found grounds nice,nice walk and our pool nice as well.

We wish to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you at the restaurant. We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks.

We apologize again and do sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Château Tilques in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilques
Le Chateau de Cocove
#1 of 2 in Lumbres
Ibis Saint Omer Centre
Ibis Saint Omer Centre
#1 of 12 in Saint-Omer

Been to Hotel Chateau Tilques? Share your experiences!