This was our third stay at Chateau des Marais over the last seven years, the site has grown over the years with additions of a lazy river to the pool complex, new reception, shop and other facilities, it is a lovely big site and perfect for a family holiday. On that basis if you are looking for something traditionally French then you might want something different but if you are looking to find a good facility where the kids can enjoy themselves then I'd not hesitate to recommend this one to you.
Reception staff were great and very helpful when we arrived, the pitch we were allocated was a good size with water and electricity easily accessible, shower block next to our part of the site was neat and clean with plenty of hot water. Its quite a busy site but quietens down nicely by about 10:30pm and entrance is barrier controlled to enforce this.
Family all agreed we will be happy to go back again in the future and look forward to seeing what has been added!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open 11th April to 12th September 2015 (camping pitches from 02nd May) Pitches 311 Suitable for all ages, although no organised entertainment specifically for teenagers. Location : 17km north east of Blois, easy access from A10 Exit N° 16 Mer-Chambord. Region - Loire Valley Grid Reference : N 47° 39' 58 E 01° 31' 45 Le Chateau des Marais welcomes you for your family holiday with young children and short breaks with friends. We invite you to discover our accomodations and camping pitches, with their natural and peacefull environment, Le Chateau des Marais ensure you to spend relaxing holidays. We provide a multitude of services so you can make the most of our stay and feel like home. Le Chateau des Marais is, from a geographical point of view, very well located. Chambord is just few minutes away, situated in the heart of the valley of the Loire, where there is more than 70 castles, all really sumptuous. Take advantage of your stay to visit the inevitable ZooParc de Beauval or to discover one of the many vineyards that the region has to offer. Accommodation : Grassy and spacious private garden, divided by hedges, all with parking place, garden set and some quite heavily shaded. Mobile homes for 4/6 persons - 2 or 3 bedrooms chalets for up to 6 persons - 2 or 3 bedrooms tree house for 6 people. The best : 6 VIP accommodations chalets and mobil homes in the quiet area of the sites << Le Verger >> - all new - beds made + towels + tv and dishwasher Pitches : Flat, grassy and spacious, divided by hedges, ranging from 100m² - 120m², some quite heavily shaded. Ten prestige pitches with garden furniture (table, chairs and sun beds), BBQ, parasol, fridge, electricity and water point on the pitch and point for the waste water. Hook Up : 6 or 10 smps, water & drainage - all pitches. Motorhomes :service point. Good for motor homes as walking distance of village and cycling distance of Chateau de Chambord. Swimming Pools : Excellent aqua complex with four separate basins, some heated. A new outdoor pool is an excellent size for swimming. One can be covered in cool weather, one is a paddling pool, there are two sets of waterslides and a lazy river, all surrounded by an attractive sun terrace with sun loungers. Spa centre with hammam, sauna, jacuzzi and massage area. Activities on Site : Cycle and 4-wheel bike hire. Tennis. Mini-golf. Outdoor fitness area. Table football, pool. Table tennis. Electronic games area. Volleyball area. Children's play areas. TV room. Fishing in pond - free. Entertainment : Children's club for 5 yrs + and pony rides in the high season. Some weekly evening entertainment in high season (july and august). Sanitary Facilities : Four toilet blocks which are well maintained. Push button temperature control showers with hooks. Individual wash basins. Toilets with seats and toilet paper. Disabled facilities. Baby room. Laundry. Chemical waste point. Services : Small Vival supermarket with bakery (bread and pastries baked on site every morning). Bar, take-away, restaurant and pasteria - Services open from 02/5 to 12/9. Others : Charcoal barbecues allowed. Dogs accepted only for camping pitches. Free Wi-Fi connection by bar and with charge on pitches or accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, PitchUp, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Le Chateau des Marais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Chateau Des Marais Hotel Muides Sur Loire
- Le Chateau Des Marais Muides Sur Loire, France - Loire Valley