We loved this place and the staff and felt that it was good value. The chateau was old and attractive while the staff were young and attractive; and exceedingly helpful with advice and tips and whatever to ensure we enjoyed our stay and what to see when we toured the area. Breakfast was at an additional cost, which was reasonable value, although the real pleasure was having it out on the verandah overlooking the fields and river. It is in the heart of the Dordonge region and everything is nearby, driving on (often) narrow roads. I could list all the places to visit but I am sure the reader can just as easily create their own preferences. Our room was in the main building. It was spacious, well appointed, good facilities and a view to linger over. However, being and old building the floor of the room overhead did creak a bit when the occupants were walking around. Especially fun was watching the hot air balloons being inflated then taking off in a nearby field. The large pool is a wonderful welcome relief during the hot days. There are many good restaurants nearby as well as the one on site. We stayed for 6 days and the time just flew by. We hope to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Domaine du Chateau de Monrecour and it's adjacent buildings in the hart of the Dordogne Valley, near to Sarlat, the pearl of the Périgord Noir. Be seduiced by the romantique rooms in the castle or those who are situaded in the 17th century adjacent buildings. All rooms are equiped by a bathroom with bath or shower, confortable bedding, flatscreen television, téléphone and free Wi-Fi.Those in the castle are equiped with a mini-bar, a kettle, a courtesy tray and a safe. We also propose self catering cottage, suitable for 5 persons maximum, well equiped kitchen with dishwasher, micro-wave,toaster. On the ground floor: sittingroom with diningtable, chairs,a sofa and flatschreen television. The open kitchen is well equiped with dishwasher, micro-wave and toaster. On the 1st floor you will find the two bedrooms and bathroom. At the Domain there are two heated swimmingpools, a playarea wtih play equipment for the children and pingpong tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Chateau de Monrecour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Monrecour Hotel Saint-Vincent-De-Cosse
- Chateau De Monrecour Saint-Vincent-De-Cosse, France - Dordogne