We were there in 2009. We, along with the other couple we travel with, took residence in the two private rooms which share a common balcony area that is just for the use of the people in those rooms. The view is magnificent! Castle Beynac is dead ahead. And at sunset, with a bottle or two of vin, you watch the shadow slowly close on the castle while the dark blue sky takes over. Breakfast is adequate, along with the view of Chateau de Milandes (Josephine Baker's chateau). The rooms are spacious with very nice bathrooms. When the weather is good, a hot air balloon launches from the back yard. The area is great to tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Domaine du Chateau de Monrecour and it's adjacent buildings in the hart of the Dordogne Valley, near to Sarlat, the pearl of the Périgord Noir. Be seduiced by the romantique rooms in the castle or those who are situaded in the 17th century adjacent buildings. All rooms are equiped by a bathroom with bath or shower, confortable bedding, flatscreen television, téléphone and free Wi-Fi.Those in the castle are equiped with a mini-bar, a kettle, a courtesy tray and a safe. We also propose self catering cottage, suitable for 5 persons maximum, well equiped kitchen with dishwasher, micro-wave,toaster. On the ground floor: sittingroom with diningtable, chairs,a sofa and flatschreen television. The open kitchen is well equiped with dishwasher, micro-wave and toaster. On the 1st floor you will find the two bedrooms and bathroom. At the Domain there are two heated swimmingpools, a playarea wtih play equipment for the children and pingpong tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Monrecour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Monrecour Hotel Saint-Vincent-De-Cosse
- Chateau De Monrecour Saint-Vincent-De-Cosse, France - Dordogne