This was only our second day in Sicily. We were sort of lost east of Agrigento and it was getting late and we were getting stressed. Our rental car company had given us a map and the Hotel Costazzurra was advertisied on it. We called them and Salvatore answered the phone. He gave us directions in perfect english and greeted us at the desk once we arrived. He gave us a great deal on a lovely villa that overlooked the pool and even had a roof top sundeck with a private hot tub. Salvatore made sure we had dinner that night at the hotel and the food was wonderful and the waiters were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We liked it so much that we stayed another night. Then Salvatore made us a reservation at another hotel in the Catena Hotel Group so that we would have good accomodations when we got to the other side of the country. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and I used it in a charity auction vacation trip package to Sicily!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Costazzurra Museum & Spa is an oasis of Mediterranean hospitality. It’s located near the archaeological park of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento and is close to the Mediterranean Sea, in one of the most beautiful stretches of the coast. The perfect place to plan a vacation together with the persons you love. The hotel is the first authentic archaeological-hotel in the world and offers its guests the unique opportunity to enjoy in exclusive the archaeological collection "The Gaipa". Food, wine, culture ... we do interpreters of the many Sicily’s pleasures to transform the "Holiday" in "Experience”. A rich a la carte menu based on only fresh Mediterranean fish and seasonal ingredients "zero kilometer", a wine selection including the best labels of Sicilian wines and the passion for the tastes of Sicily. These are the secrets of the restaurant "Il Grecale", pride of our hotel known among the best restaurants on the Island. Together with fish, the Pizza. Made with doughs obtained from traditional flours, is elevated to the rank of traditional dish of excellence. The Spa "Grotta delle Muse" is an enchanting place, harmonious and seductive where taking care of body and soul to enjoy some moments of genuine wellness. Our Spa welcomes guests with its swimming pool with whirlpool, geysers and water jets, Finnish sauna, Turkish bath, emotional shower and its massages and beauty treatments. All it accompanied by hot tea energizing and rebalancing. The “Verde Mare” is our lounge-swimming pool. The swimming pool with areas for relaxation awaiting you to spend the more pleasants hours of your stay. Perfect for couples, singles or families. In fact, the large solarium there is a wellness area accessible only for adults guests and a play area for children. At dusk, Indulge yourself the pleasure of a refined drink in the bar ... and then in the evening everything becomes glam and the pool is transformed into a spectacular fountain brightening of colors and water games. The Collection "La Gaipa" It’s a collection of archaeological reperts mostly original from the Magna Grecia and dated between the fifth and fourth century BC. These pieces are complemented by others Egyptians, Romans and Byzantines. The collection offers you an overview of the cultures that have alternated in Akragas which was among the most important crossroads of the Mediterranean. The pieces come exclusively from acquisitions made abroad with the intention to actively promote the return to Italy of its archaeological heritage. For the first time they are exposed to the public on a permanent exposition, thus providing a unique opportunity to enrich the stay of travelers with a unique museum experience in situ. Is also possible to stay in a Museum Room where guests can enjoy the private exhibition of some pieces of the collection. Thus the Hotel Costazzurra Museum & Spa presents itself as a favorite destination for those who want an exclusive experience of culture, making it an attraction in itself. The hotel's staff includes also young archaeologists who daily open the display cases to allow guests to enjoy the experience of touching some of the reperts. We offer you the emotion of holding a piece of History into your hands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Costazzurra Museum & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costazzurra Hotel San Leone
- Hotel Costazzurra Museum & SPA Sicily/Province Of Agrigento - San Leone