“Friendly, family, fast”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cupertino, California
“Friendly, family, fast”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a cheerful, nice place in a small town that treats you like a local regardless of where you are from. The food comes quickly, has that "French" quality (great) and is very reasonably priced. We were grateful they were open as the rain was pouring down and much of the town was closed!

Visited April 2013

Athens, Greece
“Hardly ever felt so unwelcome....”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I recently posted a review about the Hotel we stayed at en-route to Ancona and then Greece in wonderful Semur-en-Auxious and referred to the fact that I had written a review about the restaurant we had our evening meal at, as the Hotel was not serving food (they were serving breakfast) on the evening we were staying. This is said review.
I like a beautiful steak and have had the benefit of experiencing some wonderful steaks in the UK, France, Greece, Italy, Spain to name a few locations. So on the basis of a review here on tripadvisor we headed for L'Ent'act.
Steel chairs with no cushioning very bohemian, the sort of thing Ernest Hemingway would have approved of no doubt back in his years in gay Paris, but very uncomfortable for most.
We were indifferently shown our table by a rather sour faced waitress who took our order and within a couple of minutes our food was on the table. A plain entrecôte steak, well I say steak, one expects gristle and this steak did taste fine and the portion was generous but the texture was enough to make 'Jaws' from the 007 films masticate in perpetuity.....not nice. The chips were obviously from some chip production source and were tepid in temperature a bad texture for a chip and the accompanying salad was tired, and that's being kind. The wine was good and sensibly priced. The manager/owner hardly acknowledged us and it was one of those places where we just wanted to finish up and get out. which is what we did.
Not a pleasant experience, and no, I would not on the basis of this one visit, recommend this strangely anti social restaurant. I have said in the past that one should not cast a view based on one aspect and or one facet of the meal experience, this was a multi faceted disappointment. If the manager and or waitress had so much as smiled at us, I would have put this whole disappointing evening down to the boss and his waitress having a bad day as we all do on occasion and not written a review. A smile can go a long way, even if the food is pretty poor. I have to say that this restaurant became busy whilst we were there and obviously has a following. It's a parochial restaurant and not I suspect interested in travellers and non locals.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Andreasofmayfair
Florida
“FRIENDLY AND GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We ate here three times since it was so good. Had the steak, and I am not much of a beef eater, but they have this Charolais cows, white cows, I guess is like we have Angus beef, Charolais is for the French. Well it melts in your mouth, and at L"Entr"act they serve it with Epoisses cheese sauce and french fries, and you dunk the fries in this sauce, it is heaven. Also had Pizza here, fabulous, my husband order the pork, and we also had their salads, everything is delicious.

Visited October 2012