“Nice friendly hotel”

Balcon de Competa Hotel and Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Competa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Spent 2 nights here which we really enjoyed.Location is excellent,staff very helpful and friendly.
The pool is a nice size and the views are amazing.Breakfast was ok with a choice of cereal,fruit,croissants,cold meats and bread rolls.If you want bacon or eggs you can ask for it and they cook it to order.
Would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lel

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have been to Competa many times but this was the first time staying here - the decor is a little dated but as this website is not about the wallpaper I would have to say I thought it to be good value for money. The pool is great and bar prices reasonable - with the usual free pouring of spirits!! We stayed in the actual hotel but they have several bungalows that sleep 3 and have a fridge and hob to use - the views from the hotel however on the poolside are amazing and they have many triple rooms. Competa is very hilly but the location of this hotel enables knee replacement relatives to slowly walk into the square where its great to people watch. I am returning to this very hotel in May 2014 with 18 of my friends so if thats not good enough recomendation then Im not what sure is......

Room Tip: try to edge toward the tennis court side facing the pool- the other side where I was has an amazing...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank madonjazz
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel when we came to buy a villa in this outstanding town. Pepe at the hotel, was our host at the time and showed us to a spotless comfortable room with a view down the beautiful valley to the sea.
What struck us most was the cleanliness, everything smelled clean and the hallways and reception were spotless.
The staff could not have been more helpful and made our stay a delight. Thank you Pepe, thank you Maria thank you Balcon and thank you Competa. I would recommend this hotel in the centre of a very special town

Room Tip: book early and ask for a room on the back side away from the street and overlooking the pool and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank P6jus
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I walked in and received a 2night stay with no advanced notice (our original hotel booked by a third party was far too rustic and not within walking distance to town). We stayed in the bungalows, which were comfortable with air conditioning. Jenny at the front desk was more of a concierge than front desk clerk. She tolerated my mediocre Spanish and helped me book tickets to the Alhambra. The staff in the bar were friendly and courteous. Our stay here was very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Cómpeta. Thank you, muy amable!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have booked half board and 6 days only get 4 times dinner!
On the grounds the kitchen remains closed today go over there eat at the pizzeria. The second time they told me there is now a solid, the kitchen is closed. The breakfast was very easy to fahren.Die with dry stale bread, old cheese and sausages, The Internal is very slow, the hotel is situated 16 Km from the coast to a mountain, it is very difficult up and down the narrow street every day rooms are very outdated and no longer meet current standards. the staff is sometimes rude. On the first day of arrival you will be warmly welcomed deteriorated after the service for the performance offered by the hotel is too expensive! I have a 4 star hotel in Grazalema for the same money get in my Analusien tour and the fantastic in an area and not so remote as Competa. I drive for about 30 years to Spain on holiday but such a bad hotel I've ever had. The positive reviews I can not even tell me and think they are totally exaggerated. Presumably, the positive reviews complacency reviews of previous guests.
But they have nothing to do with reality in the hotel. I booked this hotel because of its good reviews and also have been disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Joe F
hotel_balcon, Gerente at Balcon de Competa Hotel and Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We are very sorry and surprised to hear the opinion of your stay as we did not receive any complaints from you whilst you were here and you seemed happy.
We were especially shocked to hear your observation about the staff because this is always one of our most positive attributes and something that we are always congratulated on, not only through Tripadvisor, where many of our guests post reviews of their own accord.
It is true that our kitchen was closed twice, but both days we recommended the restaurant next door (joint terrace), because they supply meals for our guests at any time, and nobody complains about this, as they have a very extensive menu (it is not just a pizzeria) and the food is of excellent quality.
As for the breakfast we consider that the variety and quality is very good with a traditional Spanish breakfast, daily Competa Bread and always a Hot Option
We understand that maybe not everyone loves our rooms but they are above the required standards.
Regarding the location of our hotel, this is something that is out of our control, although we consider positive, due to the fact that this is a real Andalucian Village where everybody is welcome and made to feel at home. This is the ideal location for a nice quiet relaxing holiday away from the city and the larger costal resorts.
We would like to thank you for your opinion on your experience in our hotel; we appreciate this and will take note, so as to improve these points to the best of our capability. We would have hoped to have welcomed you to our hotel again in the future, as we do all of our guests,

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Hotel Balcon in the beautiful village of Competa. The views from the room and from the terrace were stunning. All areas of the hotel were well maintained and the pool is in a beautiful garden. The food served on the terrace with views right down the valley was superb every night ( try one of Luis burgers they are fantastic). On arrival we received a very warm welcome from Maria who was very helpful through out our stay and a great help as we planed our daily trips out. The staff at the hotel are so friendly and helpful and made our stay one the best holidays we have had. We have already booked to go back next year and would recommend the hotel for the wonderful staff and stunning location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LUCA165
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stayed for four nights with my wife. We had a very nice room and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was quite good while dinner more average - there are better meals to be had in other near by restaurants. Prices were very reasonable. Competa itself is a very nice place to visit with lots of possibilities for hiking in the hills above. But beware of the roads. They are narrow, curvy and steep. Not very suitable for driving for the fainthearted.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jofj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Competa
Hotel Las Orquideas
Hotel Los Caracoles
Hotel Los Caracoles
#1 of 4 in Frigiliana
Apartamentos Fuerte Calaceite

Been to Balcon de Competa Hotel and Bungalows? Share your experiences!