“Pura Vida!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA
“Pura Vida!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Wow! What an amazing time my husband and I had at the Villa Cascada! We were guests for a friend's wedding. We had 22 people in our party and were there for 5 nights. This villa is incredible! From start to finish everything was perfecto! The accomdations were very clean and comfortable. The food was amazing (we never went hungry). The bartenders and other staff were so friendly! Guillermo was so great and helped all of us book excursions. We really enjoyed getting to know Guillermo, as he is very open and shared many stories and valuable information about Costa Rica.

Overall the property was really great for our group. We spent a ton of time in the pool, playing games and hanging out. This is such a perfect location for a big familly/group, as you can really relax and everything is taken care of for you. Enjoy!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sasand01

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 23 February 2013

i was one (mother of the bride) of the 33 that stayed at the villa cascada over president's week. guillermo and his staff were terrific. so friendly and helpful. felt right at home even though we were in another country. they helped make my daughter's wedding beautiful, magical, and an experience that everyone present will always remember as one of their best times. could not have asked for a better place and setting to have a lifetime experience event. thanks so much for the courtesy, friendship, and caring of guillermo and his staff. we will always have fond memories of all of you and your beautiful villa.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank carol b
Chico
Reviewed 19 February 2013

What a great place to have a wedding! Our group of 33 stayed at the Villa this past Presidents Day weekend and I had to write a review about the service was out of this world, and must be commented about. Anything and everything that Guillermo, and the staff at Villa Cascada could have done to make our stay memorable, did to a t! I've never felt more relaxed and at ease while on vacation. Thanks again, Villa Cascada for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: I don't think that there are any "bad" rooms. However, there are some that overlook t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah B
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Just got back from our vacation at Villa Estrella del Mar in Ocotal, Guanacaste region. The villa is owned by Barefoot Vacation company. I went with my family and there were ten of us in total, ages 21-53. We had the best, most relaxing and fun time.

The service was the most outstanding you will find. A full time bartender, chef, and housekeeper. Gabriel dealt with all of our silly questions and requests so quickly and seamlessly. His drinks were outstanding, especially his margaritas. Roxana made the most amazing meals and we loved every single one of them. The place was kept impeccably clean and our laundry was done twice by Lourdes. Guillermo is a fantastic manager and really knows his stuff. He scheduled all of our excursions and put together a beautiful surprise vow renewal for my parents and it was perfect. Pam and Doris were awesome to work with beforehand and got all of our questions sorted before arriving.

The villa itself is really conducive to hanging outdoors which we loved. We had all meals on the deck and spent so much time in the plunge pool. If you are looking for more of a house-type place than this isn't it. There isn't much space in the villa other than the bedrooms/the bar area and a basement room with video games. The central AC was much appreciated and the temperature was always perfect inside and out as you get a beautiful breeze outside.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on and the sheets/blankets were super comfortable. Always made to perfection and the bathrooms cleaned each day as well. I wish I had that at home!

It was great being so close to the beach. A few minute walk and we were there on the black sand beach down the hill. I understand it is hard to find villas so close to the beach in Ocotal, so we were more than happy with it.

One thing I will note is that the larger pool is not private. It is shared with three other villas that are connected to Estrella del Mar. Luckily we were there by ourselves for the first three/four days but it did get crowded during the day once the other parties arrived. It wasn't a problem for us bc there is so much else to do but just a point to note.
*They could use some more lounge chairs as well as beach chairs for the beach.

The area of Ocotal and Coco is beautiful. We packed half our days there with great excursions including surfing, zip lining and a day at sea going to a secluded beach. I recommend all three. The people of Costa Rica are some of the nicest and happiest people I have met. My brother (22 yrs) and his friend went out in Coco almost every night arriving home very late and always felt safe. It is a great area for all ages, small children included.

What an amazing experience we had and thanks mostly to the staff at the villa! I hope to be back one day and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This beautiful hidden gem is absolutely stunning. The views are breathtaking; the staff is attentive and creates a magnetic atmosphere that is hard to leave; the amenities are unbelievable; rooms beautiful the food incredible…. I really can’t say enough positive things about this place. Guillermo can make anything happen as he is basically the mayor of the town. You can either walk to the beach or take a $6 cab ride into town. He can set you up on fishing trips, boat rides, zip lining – anything is possible here. I went for a friend’s wedding and we had the place entirely to ourselves. I have never been so absolutely satisfied with a vacation before and I cannot wait to go back. The photos do not do this place justice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carlee C
Ontario
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I travelled to Villa Cascada with a group of 26 people in November 2010. I actually got married there! The week/wedding was a dream! It was absolutely perfect! The staff were wonderful! A big thank you to Gabe, Renaldo, Guillermo, and all of the other staff, especially the amazing cooking staff! We were treated so well at the villa! The area is breathtaking....the views are out of this world. Coco beach is a fun, happening town, and only a 5 minute cab ride. This is such a special place to me and my husband, to all our friends and family who came with us. 9 of us are acutlaly going back this November to celebrate our one year anniversary and a couple of other honeymoons. We are staying at Villa Ocotal (also owned by the same people) this time, as it is a bit smaller.
I feel in love with this place, and the memories from this place will last forever! I am counting down the days until my return.....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank N0rthBay
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Tucked away in a private community in the hills of Ocotal you’ll find a beautiful villa called Cascada over looking the pacific. Breathtaking views, and 5 star service abound at this quaint all inclusive villa. The staff are wonderful, the food delicious, and the endless activities are fantastic. You’ll find small town hospitality in a sophisticated well planned resort style setting. No need to lift a finger here; just ask and you shall receive! We loved it, and can’t wait to go back again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
#3 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!