“Absolutely Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Flower Mound, Texas
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed our trip. It was total relaxation for us which is exactly what we needed. Our friends are literally still talking about it (so are we) and it has now been 4 months! She said it was her 3rd best vacation ever and she has been just about all around the world. She travels for internationally for business. The rooms were clean and cold!! Everything was absolutely perfect. We got the much needed rest and way too much food! They even cooked the Mahi Mahi that our husbands caught one day. Amazing. German was wonderful and very accommodating and so was Doris. They fulfilled our every need. She even did extra laundry the day we were leaving so we didn’t have to pack sweaty clothes!!! Our excursions were absolutely the best. We Zip-lined, enjoyed the Mud bath and Lunch. It was different from when we went a few years ago, so it was still fun and exciting for us. We walked around the island, had manicures, pedicures and massages. Took full advantage of your services! Thank you and we definitely want to go again soon.

Room Tip: they are all great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the most incredible trip I've ever been on. The unit (La Paz) was clean, comfortable, had many amenities, and the staff were extremely attentive. I highly recommend this villa and I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had my wedding at Villa Cascada in April, 2014 and I simply cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures honestly do not accurately show how incredible Villa Cascada is. The whole setup of the place is incredible; the pool is right beside the eating/bar area so people can all be together the entire time. There is an amazing upper hot tub area with bar stools and a shaded sitting area where my friends and family loved to hang out. They have a shuffleboard table, ping pong, pool and foosball tables, corn hole and a water volleyball net. They have floats so you can relax in the pool during the day. The rooms were all outstanding - big, comfortable beds, amazing bathrooms, and a lot of the rooms had incredible views. The villa is located on a hill above Playa Ocotal and gets a great breeze and an outstanding view of the sunset.

The staff is absolutely amazing. We did not have to think about any logistical things while we were there. The bartenders are AWESOME, all the food was to-die-for, your room is cleaned daily and they even offer free laundry service. Anything and everything you could think of is taken care of for you. The excursions were great and very easy to plan - we paid the manager the day of the tours so it could not have been easier. We did the Don Bosco sail and the Half-Day Canopy Tour and I honestly would recommend them both. Our sunset was great on our sail day and we even had some dolphins surf our bow! Monkeys joined us for the entire canopy tour and the staff there were awesome and the drive was well organized.

The wedding day was spectacular; it was more than I could have wanted. They change around the layout of the Villa so it honestly seems like a different place than where you have been staying all week. The music system is easy to hook up with your own music and slideshows if desired. The woman who made our cake (arranged by the wedding coordinators) did a fantastic job and I absolutely LOVED my flowers. The hair and makeup guy and his assistant did an incredible job and we opted for massages for the girls the morning of the wedding; it was one of the best massages I’ve ever had and a great way to start the day. I do not have one bad thing I could say about my wedding day.

To be honest, I was a little worried about the price of he Villa for my guests, but after being there I would definitely recommend it. After traveling around Costa Rica I can tell you that food and drinks are not cheap, so the deal you get for the quality you get at Villa Cascada is SO WORTH IT.

I planned my wedding with the two coordinators while traveling, so I could not have made it more difficult on them. My sister is very organized and kept things going, but you can have them make as many or as few detailed decisions for you as you want. For me, I was not very interested in planning every detail of my wedding and honestly used my sister to help me make a lot of my decisions. I am sure the two coordinators could make more decisions for you if you were able to have phone conversations and more reliable internet correspondence than I was able to have.

I could not recommend Villa Cascada more highly, whether it be for just a vacation or for a wedding. I absolutely loved it and couldn’t imagine a more ideal place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alison C
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Amazing place and wonderful people. Attended a family members wedding here and they did a fantastic job. We could not have asked for a better experience. The website pictures don't do this place justice! Great facility for all ages also.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for rest and relaxation. It's secluded yet just a short walk to the black sand beaches and just 3 kilometers from the town of Coco where there is shopping, a selection of bars, and entertainment. All yours needs are taken care of at the Villa. A clean pool, large private hot tub with a view, friendly staff to wait on you, a fully stocked bar, and wonderful food. Be careful you can overdo it though. The property manager, Guillermo, can arrange a tour for you, but you may find better deals by shopping around. I recommend the Papagayo bay catamaran sunset tour. For a beginner zip line tour, try the Congo trail tour.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank matts905
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

"Wow, wow, wow!" That's what each one of us kept saying over & over again about Villa Ocotal during our recent girls-getaway trip! From the gorgeous views to the immaculate rooms, sumptuous, fresh, local food (Doris, the Chef is incomparable!) & first-class service (Herman & Guillermo spoiled us rotten!) we were in heaven! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Vicstress69
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

For our first Christmas away from home in 65 years we were beyond fortunate. From the time we began discussing details with Pam Cox until we had to say a fond farewell to Guillermo the mayordomo, Elba the cook and Ronaldo our bartender of many talents, we were treated royally. The food was excellent and more than plentiful, the rooms are comfortable and clean and there is more than enough for a very active family to do, including endless games of shuffleboard, foosball, pool and ping pong. The beach is a quick walk and actually quite nice for snorkeling following the beach and rocks to the right. We took advantage of excursions on the Don Bosco for a snorkeling and beach bbq trip, horseback riding, sport fishing (Elba made ceviche and dinner from our mahi mahi), scuba diving, beach exploration down to Tamarindo, Palo Verde river trip and even managed lots of sun and pool time. Some of our 16 made trips into the small town of Coco and to the casino (they all won.) Villa Cascada is perfect for large families (we were 16 ranging in age from 22 to 65). We had a Christmas tree and Elba prepared our family's traditional Christmas breakfast. We would not have changed a thing. Mil Gracias!

Room Tip: The management will send you a map of the rooms to make assignments before you depart. The 4 rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,032 reviews

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!