“Villa Ocotal #2”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our second visit to Villa Ocotal. If that doesn't say it all, then let me say that we are already planning a third trip. This is the definition of a vacation. The staff is so kind and attentive; they work very hard to make sure that relaxation is your only worry for the entire week, your only decision is which cocktail to start off with. The food is amazing and plentiful. The rooms, the pool and the grounds are clean well kept. I have recommended Villa Ocotal to anyone willing to listen and will continue to do so, because it lets me revisit my experience all over again. Thank you for 2 of the best vacations I've ever had!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terri T
There are newer reviews for Barefoot Vacation Villas

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed our trip. It was total relaxation for us which is exactly what we needed. Our friends are literally still talking about it (so are we) and it has now been 4 months! She said it was her 3rd best vacation ever and she has been just about all around the world. She travels for internationally for business. The rooms were clean and cold!! Everything was absolutely perfect. We got the much needed rest and way too much food! They even cooked the Mahi Mahi that our husbands caught one day. Amazing. German was wonderful and very accommodating and so was Doris. They fulfilled our every need. She even did extra laundry the day we were leaving so we didn’t have to pack sweaty clothes!!! Our excursions were absolutely the best. We Zip-lined, enjoyed the Mud bath and Lunch. It was different from when we went a few years ago, so it was still fun and exciting for us. We walked around the island, had manicures, pedicures and massages. Took full advantage of your services! Thank you and we definitely want to go again soon.

Room Tip: they are all great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the most incredible trip I've ever been on. The unit (La Paz) was clean, comfortable, had many amenities, and the staff were extremely attentive. I highly recommend this villa and I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had my wedding at Villa Cascada in April, 2014 and I simply cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures honestly do not accurately show how incredible Villa Cascada is. The whole setup of the place is incredible; the pool is right beside the eating/bar area so people can all be together the entire time. There is an amazing upper hot tub area with bar stools and a shaded sitting area where my friends and family loved to hang out. They have a shuffleboard table, ping pong, pool and foosball tables, corn hole and a water volleyball net. They have floats so you can relax in the pool during the day. The rooms were all outstanding - big, comfortable beds, amazing bathrooms, and a lot of the rooms had incredible views. The villa is located on a hill above Playa Ocotal and gets a great breeze and an outstanding view of the sunset.

The staff is absolutely amazing. We did not have to think about any logistical things while we were there. The bartenders are AWESOME, all the food was to-die-for, your room is cleaned daily and they even offer free laundry service. Anything and everything you could think of is taken care of for you. The excursions were great and very easy to plan - we paid the manager the day of the tours so it could not have been easier. We did the Don Bosco sail and the Half-Day Canopy Tour and I honestly would recommend them both. Our sunset was great on our sail day and we even had some dolphins surf our bow! Monkeys joined us for the entire canopy tour and the staff there were awesome and the drive was well organized.

The wedding day was spectacular; it was more than I could have wanted. They change around the layout of the Villa so it honestly seems like a different place than where you have been staying all week. The music system is easy to hook up with your own music and slideshows if desired. The woman who made our cake (arranged by the wedding coordinators) did a fantastic job and I absolutely LOVED my flowers. The hair and makeup guy and his assistant did an incredible job and we opted for massages for the girls the morning of the wedding; it was one of the best massages I’ve ever had and a great way to start the day. I do not have one bad thing I could say about my wedding day.

To be honest, I was a little worried about the price of he Villa for my guests, but after being there I would definitely recommend it. After traveling around Costa Rica I can tell you that food and drinks are not cheap, so the deal you get for the quality you get at Villa Cascada is SO WORTH IT.

I planned my wedding with the two coordinators while traveling, so I could not have made it more difficult on them. My sister is very organized and kept things going, but you can have them make as many or as few detailed decisions for you as you want. For me, I was not very interested in planning every detail of my wedding and honestly used my sister to help me make a lot of my decisions. I am sure the two coordinators could make more decisions for you if you were able to have phone conversations and more reliable internet correspondence than I was able to have.

I could not recommend Villa Cascada more highly, whether it be for just a vacation or for a wedding. I absolutely loved it and couldn’t imagine a more ideal place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Amazing place and wonderful people. Attended a family members wedding here and they did a fantastic job. We could not have asked for a better experience. The website pictures don't do this place justice! Great facility for all ages also.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for rest and relaxation. It's secluded yet just a short walk to the black sand beaches and just 3 kilometers from the town of Coco where there is shopping, a selection of bars, and entertainment. All yours needs are taken care of at the Villa. A clean pool, large private hot tub with a view, friendly staff to wait on you, a fully stocked bar, and wonderful food. Be careful you can overdo it though. The property manager, Guillermo, can arrange a tour for you, but you may find better deals by shopping around. I recommend the Papagayo bay catamaran sunset tour. For a beginner zip line tour, try the Congo trail tour.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matts905
Reviewed 31 January 2014

"Wow, wow, wow!" That's what each one of us kept saying over & over again about Villa Ocotal during our recent girls-getaway trip! From the gorgeous views to the immaculate rooms, sumptuous, fresh, local food (Doris, the Chef is incomparable!) & first-class service (Herman & Guillermo spoiled us rotten!) we were in heaven! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014
#3 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!