We just returned from eight nights at the BBC. We traveled with my parents and our two children (4.5 and 19 months). We had a four bedroom/three bathroom ground floor unit. The property is about 20 minutes from the TCB airport and was about $30. The taxi drivers we all very friendly and consistent with their fares. Upon arrival, the condo was ready for us. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We found the condo to be well-stocked, nicely decorated, and very clean. We used a crib provided by BBC, which was not the greatest, but did the trick. I probably would have brought our pack n'play, but we already had so much stuff, that it didn't seem worth the extra baggage. We didn't have any problems with the condo with the exception of a faulty lock on the patio (that was promptly fixed when brought to the management's attention) and ants. You cannot leave any food, crumbs, etc. without a parade of ants attacking. We also had some trouble with them coming into a bathroom, but as soon as it was recaulked, the problem was solved. Luckily, housekeeping was fantastic. They did a great job and were very friendly. We ate most meals in our condo. We brought a lot of dry goods and snacks for the kids from home and then used Golden Harvest (the grocery at the marina) for the fresh items. The selection isn't huge, but there is plenty there for the week and the prices were not cheap, but not outrageous. If you stay for any extended period of time, I can see the value in bringing coolers with frozen meat. The dinner nights at the resort were well done and the food was excellent. We also ate one night at the Treasure Sands Club (without the kids) and it was also very good, though a little pricey. This is a spectacular resort for getting away from it all. The main activities are beach and pool, so this is not the place for you if you are looking for lots of activity and nightlife. The beach is really spectacular - pure white sand, calm water perfect for the kids, etc. During low tide, you can find tons of sand dollars and starfish, which really entertains the kids. We rented a boat at the marina several days and went conching, spearfishing and to nearby Guana Cay. Another day, we took the ferry to Green Turtle. We had in room massages by Felicia that were also fantastic. Mostly everything can be reached with the help of a golf cart - available for rental at the marina, as well. All in all, a fantastic family vacation and we hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New fully equipped Luxury Condos on "the best beach in the Caribbean"! Two great Restaurants on-site, two fresh water pools & two Jacuzzi's! Free internet, Cable TV and Free long distance calls to & from the USA and Canada. Golf, Tennis, Scuba Center, Fishing Charters, a 150 slip marina and shopping nearby. Relax and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahama Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Beach Club Hotel Treasure Cay
- Bahama Beach Club Treasure Cay, Bahamas - Abaco Islands