“Treasured Kindness”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at the Treasure Cay Marina in our friends 53 foot Hatteras. The beach is to me by far one of the most beautiful beaches ever! In the evening we visited their bar "Tipsy Seagull" for pizza night and music. Caroline was our friendly, attentive bartender. Our group enjoyed the music, food, conversation. Later, to my dismay. My camera was misplaced and I was completely devastated to have lost my beautiful captured moments of a trip of a lifetime in the Abacos Islands. I contacted Treasure Cay Beach, Marina and Golf resort of my loss. They kindly responded back, and said they would get the word out for me. One week later to my amazement they messaged me to say that our bartender Caroline had found it. They told me to send address and they would mail it to me. I am so excited I could cry! The effort they went thru in getting my valuable memories back is a sign of outstanding care and kindness. Its nice to know great Samaritans exist. I definitely will be back and recommend staying there with these outstanding staff members and outstanding facilities! Hugs to Caroline! I will be forever grateful for your kindness! Thanks for the memories!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joyce S
StephenKappeler, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Hello JoyceS,
Thanks for the most excellent review of Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and for being one of our many valued guests to stay and enjoy our marina and many fun Restaurant and Bar outlets.
Treasure Cay Resort is blessed with over 80 friendly, loyal and service committed associates, many of which have been with us over 20 years or their whole working career. Besides great service, our team members like Caroline are honest and with high integrity and they demonstrate a committment to "Yes I Can-whatever it takes" service. It is this that personal friendly self-directed trait that our excellent associates possess to ensured the timely return of your camera and your many memories. I commend Caroline and our team for this. We are the original resort of Abaco, a timeless nautical village, full of history and culture and we appreciate our many guests like yourself that take the time to mention the many great experiences our team provides and you should expect this from us.
We look forward to your next adventure in the Abacos and the Out Islands and your return!
Thanks again for the excellent review and for recognizing Caroline a lead bartender at our Tipsey Seagull bar!
Your Island friend,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 7 days vacation at Treasure Cay Resort. Thank you for a wonderful and peaceful week. Every day we commented on how blessed we felt to have found this location at a time when we needed a “get away” more than ever before. What we were looking for was exactly what we found. Our only disappointment was that we had to cancel a fishing trip due to my husband recently having trouble with his back. (It was a windy day and we decided that it wouldn’t be wise to go out in a boat at that time.) The staff was gracious and helpful. Avis greeted us when we arrived and made us feel like we belonged in this beautiful community. If we chose to leave the resort, there were many opportunities to do so. Bicycles and golf carts were available to rent. Taxi cabs were readily available on site. We met a cab driver at the airport when we arrived and decided to book him to come back a week later to pick us up. He was there right on time and also shared information about the island. The resort staff from the restaurant to housekeeping were pleasant to talk to. If you are looking for activities outside of the resort, the information was available for that, too. For us, on this visit, we had exactly what we wanted right there. We enjoyed the cinnamon rolls at the bakery. Sinfully good! The convenience store was a handy little place. We shopped at the onsite grocery store often. I believe we cooked in our room three evenings. The kitchen was stocked with all the necessary appliances. We ate breakfast in our room all but two mornings, which helped keep expenses down for us. The food at all locations on site was delicious. The Grouper, lobster, prime rib, pork tenderloin, red snapper, and the barbequed ribs were some of our favorites. Loved it all. All but one day, we spent on the beach just walking along the waters edge and reading. One day we packed a lunch and walked as far as we could, sat down on the sand and shared a sandwich and a beer. Not bad for being married 40 years. Still in love and loving Treasure Cay Resort and Marina. Thanks again Sabine Kirchner, Avis, Patti, Viola, and the rest of the staff who reached out and touched our hearts on our visit to your little piece of heaven.

God bless you all!

Marcia & Keith Rosynek

Room Tip: Marina view outstanding
4  Thank Keith R

Hello KeithR,
What an excellent review and thanks for the time to share with others.
Our friendly team appreciates your calling out and recognizing excellent service led by Avis our Resort Manager and Patti, Veola and Sabine. We find others learn their names and seek them out when here...and they should as each of has a committment to excellence in a "Yes I can-Whatever it takes" service committment.
Treasure Cay has more to offer than most any other resort and as you know given your fun 7 day stay with us that no other resorts is situated by a 4 mile stretch of powder sugar white sand.
We offer everything imagineable to do for adventure, history, culture and out island exploring.
Congratulations on your 40 years of marriage and we are touched that you decided to spend it with us and that you enjoyed our many restaurants and our Chef's great local seafood and event theme days and nights to celebrate with us.
It was a pleasure meeting you and hosting you and we look forward to your return!
Your Island Friend,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel prior to our 7 day sail trip cruising the Abacos and 2 nights on the hook outside of the marina, on our return leg south. I am a professed beach bum/sailor and I rate the Coco Beach and the marina at Treasure Cay, 5 stars. BEACH-3 miles of white, soft, cool to the touch sand, windex colored water, and a rock free sandy bottom. I concur with its rating in the top 10 beaches in the Caribbean. Its stunningly beautiful. Marina- one of the best kept secrets of the Abacos is the $10 per night anchorage fee, which includes access to all resort amenities and of course, the beach. Cost of food and drinks could be a concern for folks not use to visiting islands that rely on weekly shipments of food and supplies from the main island for survival. I found the staff there quite friendly, accommodating and courteous, especially the Manager, Avis. ROOMS- comfortable, clean, marina front, working A/C, 3 star level, pleasant 5 min walk to the beach. Yes, you have a short walk to the beach , but trust me, it's a non issue. If walking is an issue, golf carts can be rented at a place near the front office of the hotel. A convenience store, bakery, and liquor store are located within 50 yards of the front office.

OH THAT BEACH!!!

Room Tip: Marina front rooms are a must
2  Thank allen7701

Hello Allen7701,
Thanks for the excellent review and your vote to recommend Treasure Cay Resort and Marina!
We are so pleased that you like many others that have learned the best of the Abacos, have chosen our resort and marina as a favored spot for fun, adventure and relaxation.
Only our resort is situated conveniently to a 4 mile sugar white sand beach, recognized as one of the best in the world!
Our resort manager Avis, appreciates your recognizing her. She is one of the most friendly and helpful Bahamians in Hospitality on the island and she strives for 100% satisfaction. We guarantee there is almost nothing that we cannot make right when a problem presents itself. With over 30+ years of service at this resort, we are very fortunate to have her lead our friendly team members.
Our chef thanks you for your favorable comments on our fun Restaurants and Bars and understanding as a knowledgeable traveller within the outislands to recognize that what is seemingly high prices is a function of a 45% duty, 7% stamp tax plus it may take up to 2 boat deliveries to get us provisioned on the Out Island of Abaco.
Thanks for your excellent review of Treasure Cay Resort, one of the original great resorts on Abaco which is full of history and culture like no other,
Your island friend,

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had a wonderful vacation at treasure cay hotel and resort even though we experienced some bad weather. My suite was excellent. the staff was polite, friendly and efficent. A special thanks to Mrs. Miller for making my birthday enjoyable and memorable.Beach, marina, restaurant and barswere outstanding. It was nice to have a grocery and liquor stores on property.

I will return with friends and recommend that others take a vacation here at Treasure Cay Golf Resort.

Mr. Ken Keller

Room Tip: Suites are best
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Kenneth K
Bine15, Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Hello Kenneth K,
Thank you for your recent stay with us as a valued guest. And more importantly for recognizing
Avis Miller our Resort manager and her friendly team members. We do our best to make even the rainy and partly sunny days fun and enjoyable and the convenience you noted of immediate nearby shopping and things to do at our full service #1 rated resort certainly gives us an advantage over the nearby less desireable resorts that cannot offer what we do. I will be sure to recognize and reward Avis for her EXCELLENT service and thankyou for staying with us.
We promise to continue to work hard for your satisfaction and to offer "Yes I Can-Whatever It takes" service that you can count on in the Out Islands to make your stay the most enjoyable ever. With one of the worlds largest and best white powdersoft sand beaches footsteps from the resort we are truly a paradise awaiting your return.
Your Island Friend

Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I spent one night in the hotel and I can't express how miserable it was. The bathroom wasn't clean and there were hairs on the floor. The tile floor in the bedroom was gritty with sand. Neither of us wanted to walk on the floor barefoot or even sleep on the sheets. We both slept in our clothes. We were only there from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. and it was far too long. I cannot stress enough how awful it was.
We ate in the restaurant at the motel and the waitress told us to sit down where ever we wanted and then left us there for 20 minutes. We were sitting in the bar area where there were lots of people and she ignored us until I walked to to bar and asked if we could get a drink. Since we'd flown in and taken a cab to the hotel, we were at their mercy.
We had stayed at this motel 18 years befroe and I'm sure that nothing had changed since that time.

Room Tip: If there was a way to give a lesser rating, I would give it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank littletexasgal
Bine15, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Hello Littletexasgal,
Thankyou for your recent review and much needed feedback!
As the new Director of Treasure Cay starting this week and as I too now reside at the resort, I would very much like to speak with you in person and to learn more of your recent stay with us. Please call my direct cell at 242-359-7510 or email me at skappeler@treasurecay.com.
May you please contact me directly as it is my policy that if you are not 100% satisfied with your stay with us, I would like to refund your one night stay AND invite you back at my expense for a Complimentary stay.
I thank you for your time to offer your review and for giving me the opportunity to resolve the issues you noted. As the #1 rated resort for Abaco in our area, our friendly associates have a "Yes I can -Whatever it Takes" service motto and while we appear to have fallen short in delivering our promise, I can assure you as our over 60 Excellent and Very good reviews note, that we are committed to our guests satisfaction. I wish when you were here that you may have taken time to speak with me immediately so we could action immediately the favorable response you expect and deserve from us. We thank you for visiting the beautiful destination of Treasure Cay and for loyalty in visiting Abaco, the jewel of the Out Islands of the Bahamas and we do hope you visit with us again especially as you live so close in Delray Beach Fl.
Please consider me your island friend and give us the opportunity to host you again in our paradise.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The beach, ocean and views are spectacular. I have been to almost all of the Caribbean Islands and this by far is the most unspoiled, and most beautiful. Every picture can become a post card.

The property is rustic, and in need of TLC. It did not bother us at all because we knew what we were in for before we got there.

The rooms are basic. I recommend a harbor or marina view. A queen bed, small TV, microwave, toaster, and fridge. All worked fine. Water pressure was hit or miss. We brought our own soap. I recommend this as well.

We had internet (free) in the room, and at the Tipsy Seagull. You could also use the computers in the office. You have to go to the office to get ice as well.

We rented a golf cart. We drove it on every road in Treasure Cay, and explored all the beaches, empty lots and canals. Lots of sea turtles can be found in the canals.

Coco Beach is beautiful. White sand, crystal clear waters, and tons of room. The sand is so soft you'll be exhausted after walking 100yds. As a guest of the hotel you get free use of the lounge chairs but they will charge you $10 for an umbrella or a hut. You can rent jet ski, paddle boats, kayak etc.

The Coco Beach Bar is one of the few places to eat and drink at TCB. It is expensive as most readers have noted but it's simple economics (supply and demand). If you love fried food you'll be in heaven. My wife and I found the beach bar at the Bahama Beach Club (next door) a little less expensive, more modern, and a better selection of fresh foods.

We rented a boat at the marina and asked for a guide. We had Stumpy as our captain. It was a blast... he took us reef fishing and we caught over 30 fish. We snorkeled and saw a pod of about 11 dolphin at Shell Island. We also went to Nippers in Great Guana and really enjoyed this unique Bahamian joint. It had a really good vibe of people and scenery

Bottom line if you want beautiful beaches, great fishing and scenery and can "rough" it I recommend the place. if you need glitz... try Atlantis. If you want a cheap vacation...try Mexico anywhere in the Bahamas is expensive.

1  Thank Charlie C
StephenKappelerGM, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Charlie C
Thank you for your review of almost three years ago and as the new General Manager having been started after your last review, we would like to invite you back to again experience the beautiful beach and unspoiled natural setting of Treasure Cay as my guest. We even have fly offers of $250 instant credit when calling our USA reservation office direct to help make it more affordable and friendly to get to the outer islands we can assist you with. We have made changes and are ranked #1 on Trip Advisor for Abaco Treasure Cay with more excellent reviews than any other out island resort has total reviews and for good reason...it is our family friendly associates and they have been working these last three years improving Treasure Cay to your standards.
Welcome back please...
Your Out Island Friend Stephen

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We kind of knew this going down that this is a place of relaxation. It was. The beach was beautifull and maintained. The resort itself was basic. Had everything you needed. One thing that struck me was how expensive food was. What you spend for two meals at the grocery store is what you would pay for one meal at the only resturaunt at the resort. So save for food. Another thing I didnt like was at the Coco Beach Bar and the Tipsy Seagull Bar, both very nice and fun, was the cost of the drinks. $7 for a beer. Local Beer that is. But if you go to the liquour store you can buy 3 for $5.50. So save for drink as well. Although you could get a nice bottle of wine for $12. We bare bones it as far as food. Just a few small meals for dinner and an apple for breakfast. We also went to Green Turtle Cay. $17 r/t ferry ride and a $30 golf cart rental. Go and get lost on the island then find different secluded Beach spots and bars. The staff at the resort were very friendly, always greeted you with a Hello. But its Island time. My favorite part of the trip was no cell phone, no internet(although there is wi fi access), no music. There was a cable tv in our room but we did not watch it. I was disconnected from the rest of the world for a week. If you can do that, then your mind will be cleared. Im glad we went there, but would not go back as there are just to many other places that we want to see. KCCO!

Room Tip: all rooms had a harbour view
1  Thank Joe G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Cay
Bahama Beach Club
Bahama Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Treasure Cay
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
17 mi away
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!