“Treated like royalty!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Whitecourt, Canada
“Treated like royalty!!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My Mom, sister and I spent eight days there,and it was truly amazing! I can't say enough about the wonderful people, especially Avis who made our vacation very memorable! She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, I will definitely go back, and I encourage all of our friends to visit there as well! I actually cried when we had to leave, as I felt like I was leaving family behind.... that is how well they treat you!!!! Thank you Avis:) Love Dee

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank DeannaSmithVanEssen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Exeter, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We spent a week at Treasure Cay Hotel and Marina, and we just cannot say enough about this resort, and especially those working there, to make your stay everything you could possibly ask for. Wow! We arrived at the front office to check in, and Avis and Kiershea (sorry of wrong spelling) were there to greet us with smiles and friendly conversation. We were provided with exceptional rooms, which Avis made sure we were happy with. Our balconies looked out over the water, where we could watch the boats coming and going. Such a lovely view! Our luggage arrived in our room while we enjoyed an ice-cold beverage at the Tipsy Seagull! This began our vacation, and what a wonderful start it was!
We travelled as 2 couples, and we enjoy barbecuing our own meals when we can. Not a problem here as Avis made sure we had our own barbecue, as well as the most delicious lobster tails we could have asked for. This resort has a great grocery store, and liquor store for the necessary supplies for a great holiday! Yumm!
Florence's Bakery is a popular spot to go while here too! Cinnamon rolls - delicious! - and so many more delicious baked goods made fresh right there. And you can just go to enjoy the people and the conversation! We did and we are glad we did - so many nice folks to meet and chat with!
We loved the beach! Beautiful white sand that is so soft - beautiful colors of the water, and so much fun walking along the edge, as well as going in for a dip and dodging the waves! We had a delicious lunch at the Beach Bar one day, and the people working there were so efficient, and friendly too!
The pool is also nice to relax at, while you have a nice view of the marina.
We rented a car for a day and saw the small villages a distance from Treasure Cay, and we travelled to the larger centre of Marsh Harbor, and enjoyed lunch at a restaurant there.
Our week at Treasure Cay showed us a variety of weather, from sunny hot days, to a rainy day, and some windy days. We were there the beginning of November and it was still off-season, as we were told that many folks return after the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend. Because of this, we really enjoyed a quiet, peaceful holiday - which was just perfect for us!
We would recommend the Treasure Cay Hotel and Marina to anyone looking for a wonderful, relaxing holiday. The people there will make sure you enjoy a lovely time - and the area is just beautiful!
Exeter friends
Thank you Avis - you were so good to us - so happy to have met you! A big hello to Kiershea too!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms give you a beautiful view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank DLO59
Reviewed 20 November 2013

... because the two nights a spent here were just perfect. It's not only that actor Al Pacino probably stayed in my room years ago which makes it somehow special - the whole place is special. Far away from everything, surrounded by one of the Top Ten beaches of the world and great weather is included, I guess. Didn't even have time to check out the golf course because the sand on the beach is so nice to look and sit at. There is a beach bar too, the Coco Beach Bar. Last night I had a great seefood platter coming with a Goombay Smash cocktail, some music and nice conversation. Back in my room overlooking the marina I finished the day on the balcony with a Sand's beer, cold from the fridge. Good days I had here, but now I have to leave ...

Room Tip: Room 1096 seems to be the one where Al Pacino stayed ...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank stefanblank
Norton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Me, my husband and our 3 year old chose Treasure Cay Beach Resort as our vacation destination this year. It turned out to be the most amazing, relaxing trip we have ever taken. My husband and I have had a pretty stressful year and this was the perfect place to go to just relax. October seemed to be their slow season and I'm not exaggerating when I say that we had our own private beach and most times had the pool to ourselves as well. The staff and locals were all very friendly and helpful during our stay and never harassed us or tried to talk us in to spending money like previous trips we have taken. One individual, CLEVELAND, really went out of his way to make sure that our vacation was perfect. He checked in on us daily to make sure we were enjoying our stay and made sure that we had everything we needed while on the beach. Our 3 year old loved him and was so excited every time that we saw him. Thank you so much Cleveland and the rest of the Treasure Cay crew for making our dream vacation a reality!!

Room Tip: There are 2 levels. We enjoyed our 2nd level room as the view was breathtaking!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Josh S
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here 25 years ago for our honeymoon, so we came back for our 25th anniversary! From the moment we arrived, everyone we dealt with was so friendly and nice. There are a few reasons I didn't rate it excellent, because I want people to be aware if they are expecting perfection they may be disappointed. But I would still highly recommend this place! First, I'll start out with the few reaons I didn't rate it excellent.

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon, Nov 5, our actual anniversary date, and went to dinner that night at Touch of Class. The food was good, and again, a very friendly atmosphere. Wednesday we noticed our A/C didn't work. We spent the day at the pool after reporting it, so it didn't really matter to us since we didn't spend much time in the unit the whole day. Sharon kept communicating with us throughout the day, and even helped my husband carry our lunch over to the pool from our unit. We finally just moved to the unit next door where the A/C was ice cold! Thursday was kind of a dreary day, and the power went out many times, and the internet was down all day. They did kick in their generator almost every time the power went out, so we were never without power for very long. Evidently power outages are fairly common. Friday was gorgeous, but we still didn't have internet. We could go to the office and get on the internet, but we couldn't get on from our room until Friday evening when a guy came to our room and reset the router.

Now for the good stuff! I saw this mentioned in the other articles, but this place is not crowded, so I LOVED that! At times we felt we had the whole place to ourselves - which was so relaxing! Coming from a home with our 4 noisy kids to this place with its peace and quiet felt like stepping into a dream and floating on clouds! :-) The walk over to the beach is a short walk, and when you first see the ocean it is truly breathtaking. We had breakfast at the Cocoa Bar right on the beach, and again, encountered very friendly staff and good food. We were the only ones in the place for the first 1/2 of our breakfast. We walked down the beach all the way to the point (heading to the left as you leave the Cocoa Bar) where there is a public place with shelters (again, no one else was there). One of the other vacationers we had met at the pool told us that there is a path leading through the woods there to another beach, so we found the path and walked through it to the other side to a place called Carleton Point. There's a plaque on the side of the rock that explains the significance of the place, and the rocks there make for an exhilerating experience where the waves hit and cause the spray to come up. We decided not to continue to walk the newfound beach there (which was sandy - the point was the only place with the rocks), and instead headed back through the woods and walked the beach home. The whole trip we estimated to be about 5 or 6 miles, so be sure to allow enough time for that if you decide to do it.

The view from our unit was really pretty with sailboats anchored in the harbor. You could see the sunset from our back porch. Thursday night is pizza night at the pool where they have live music, dancing, and great pizza! I had enjoyed our relative solitude up to this point, but I was ready to encounter more people, and this night did not disappoint! It was a party atmosphere, so it was a lot of fun! I love to dance, but my husband doesn't, and evidently there were other women in the same boat because it ended up being a bunch of us girls on the dance floor having a great time!

Some of the other vacationers we spoke with took day trips to Green Turtle Cay, or Marsh Harbor and really enjoyed it, so you may want to consider those options. My husband and I are on the go all the time, so we just wanted to come to one place and chill out, and that's exactly what we did! So in summary, I would definitely highly recommend this place, and hope we can come back for another anniversary or just a vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jodie G
Hallandale Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I apologize to the staff at Treasure Cay for taking so long to post this. We visited in late August of 2013. Our stay was everything we longed for in a much needed vacation. Quiet, laid back, and relaxing. We felt "at home" and appreciated the cleanliness of our unit and the resort and beach. We rented a boat with captain and enjoyed the sightseeing to other cays, the fantastic snorkeling, and plentiful fishing. It was great to be able to catch fish and have all of the amenities (brand new cookware) in our condo to cook it for dinner. We also bought fresh lobster from a local and enjoyed that for dinner and a few lunches. This is really the place to stay for true R & R. If you love the ocean, the beach, spending time on the water or just kicking back to enjoy the view, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Justjoanie
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was a very quite time there. The weather was perfect and the people where really friendly. The ocean was amazing, it felt as though we were on our own private beach. When in our suit we had the most beautiful view of the marina.

• Stayed October 2013
Hope Town Harbour Lodge
Hope Town Harbour Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hope Town
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#2 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Love At First Sight Hotel
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!