“Don't leave Roma without Giovanni!!!”
Review of Giovanni Musella

Giovanni Musella
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Ciampino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Customized private tours, Rome, Vatican, Positano, Amalfi coast, Capri, Tuscany, Florence, and all other Italian Art cities.
New York City, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Don't leave Roma without Giovanni!!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Giovanni was recommended by my boss and his exact words were "You can NOT leave Roma without taking a tour with Giovanni" he was certainly right. We traveled with 2 kids, (11 and 15 years old) so it was important to have convenience, flexibility and keep the kids interested. We had a great 2 day tour thru Roma and than booked a Florence trip. All the museums were ready for us to go into, we didn't have to wait anywhere. Vatican guide was wonderful as well. Giovanni's enthusiasm was a joy in itself. We also appreciated his warm and personal attention to us.

Visited February 2014
GioMus, Owner at Giovanni Musella, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comment,
Hope to meet you again in Rome.
Cordially
Giovanni

“Took my Mom to Rome for the first time - hers and mine”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Simply, there is no other way to see the sights. I decided to take my Mom to Italy for the first time - for her and me. We booked three one day trips with Gianni - general sites of Rome, Vatican tour and a trip to Pompei and Positano - the result....molto, molto bene - knowledgeable, patient, competent, considerate, familiar - all words to describe our tour - there were no wasted steps - he was very efficient and furthermore the guides he selected for us - Maria in the Vatican and Gino in Pompei - were terrific. Gino escorted my Mom through the ruins with patience and a guiding arm and Maria answered our many questions with confidence and a smile - in short they all made us feel like we were the most important people wherever we were. I also strongly feel that the fee schedule was proper - there is no other way to get four people to ALL of those significant sites in that style for less - I would highly recommend Gianni and his associates. They truly made our trip a delight...

Visited February 2014
GioMus, Proprietario at Giovanni Musella, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
It really was my pleasure driving for your family,
I put all my enthusiasm to make a memorable day,
I feel very proud when I read these comments from my clients.
Thank you so much for your kind note,
Hope to meet you again
Cordially
Gianni
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“When in Rome, call Giovanni!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I can't recommend Giovanni enough! My husband and I just returned from a European vacation which concluded with 5 days in Roma. Before we left on our trip we arranged for Giovanni to take us to Florence one day, and Pompeii and Positano another day. Our entire experience with Giovanni was wonderful. He was prompt, knowledgable, reliable and fun! His Mercedes van is clean and comfortable. When we weren't napping on the long drive, he shared his love of Roma and gave us many great tips about what to see and do. We were so happy with both our excursions, that we hired him to take us to the airport as well. On our way there, he took a little extra time to show us the key hole at the Malta Embassy. A real treat to end our trip!!

Visited October 2013
GioMus, Proprietario at Giovanni Musella, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I do my best to fulfill all my clients requests,
San Antonio, Texas
“Unforgettable Private Tour in Italy”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently visited Rome prior to embarking on a Mediterranean Cruise. This was our first experience in Italy and through family were recommended Giovanni Musella Private Tours to maximize our 2 and 1/2 days in Rome. He was amazing. He was easy to access via the internet and we promptly came up with a custom plan for our visit to the sites of Rome and surrounding areas.
On Day 1, we arrived into Rome 9:30 AM and were met at the airport. We were taken to our hotel to drop off luggage and began touring the city. His knowledge and enthusiasm were beyond exceptional. We visited ancient Rome sites such as Palatine Hill, the Colloseum, the Pantheon, and were given insight to the true history of what Rome meant to its people and its decedents. His general knowledge of every aspect of Roman life made us feel as we were actually on our way to an ancient Roman event. I especially liked the endless fun facts which derived from ancient Roman life. Why Sangria is Roman in origin and not Spanish, Why we use the term "mile markers", what Spa really means and what each letter represents in Roman history, Why October is designated the 10th month when it should be the 8th... Everything was traced back to Rome and it made sense. Before our return to our hotel, we visited Trevi Fountain for some pics.
Day 2, we were picked up at our hotel and driven to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius, leaving Rome down an ancient roadway. He arranged for a private 2 hour tour with an incredible tour guide Roberta who took us through areas of the ancient city not known to the general public. She was as amazing as Giovanni. On our return, he recommended several local restaurants. His favorite soon became our favorite. Pietros, down a small alley, quaint, charming and local. The owner Pietro introduced himself and the restaurant atmosphere was home Italian!
Day 3, we were again picked up at hotel but with luggage. A quick drive to Pompeys Theater (the sight of Julius Caesars murder) a walk through Michaelangelo's Square then to another arranged excellent private tour through the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. Finally a drive to the cruise port where we were dropped off and in less than 20 minutes were on the Princess cruise ship.
You cannot go wrong with Giovanni and the special arranged tour guides he hires. We avoided the awful lines and our tour guides seemed to know everyone of importance when it was necessary. We wont forget them.

Visited October 2013
GioMus, Proprietario at Giovanni Musella, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I was very happy to drive for you,
you where so interested. I always give my best.
hope to meet you again
kind regards
Gianni
Mt Holly Springs, PA
“Giovanni Musella is the Best!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We recently returned from a 16 day tour of Italy. In every city, we hired a tour company to help us understand the history. But in all cities none were as pleasant, knowledgeable, engaging and energetic as Giovanni. We visited Venice, Florence, Rome, Tuscany, Sorrento. Giovanni only drove us from Florence to Rome, but during our hours together in the comfort of his Mercedes van, he gave us more history and love of what we were about to see in Rome better than any of the other guides we encountered. Our only regret was that he was not available to guide us around Rome on the ground. My husband, Garry, never liked history, but after 8 hours with Giovanni, he was hungry for more. Giovanni opened the doors to history and art for us and our traveling companions. When in Rome, be sure to look him up. He speaks perfect English and is extremely polite. His web site is: www.giovannimusella.com
Glenda Stough

Visited October 2013
GioMus, Proprietario at Giovanni Musella, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review,
I do all my best to make a memorable day for
my clients.