“Lovely Hotel”
Review of La Villetta Suite

La Villetta Suite
Ranked #2 of 26 Ciampino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Spent Christmas in Italy this year and needed an overnight stay when we arrived in Rome due to late flight. All I can say is what a little gem. Ideally located a short walking distance from the local train station it provides a gateway to Central Rome and all it's attractions.
The hotel itself provides very good facilities. Bedrooms large and comfortable ,satellite tv good size bathroom.Everything is tastefully decorated .Breakfast continental style but very good variety .The property also has the benefit of nice gardens with a swimming pool . Service was very good and genuinely friendly .One thing that stood out was booking process and advice provided re taxis etc.we were surprised to receive a call from the hotel shortly after landing in Rome advising us to make it clear the hotel we were staying at was in Ciampino and not Rome itself. Apparently there are two hotels with same ,similar names .I can see us going back for an extended stay using the hotel as a base to explore hectic Rome knowing we would be returning to a tranquil setting in the evenings

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My stay included myself, husband, two daughters ages 2 & 7. I gave this place an excellent review because hands down their service was wonderful. First of all the correspondence was excellent. Due to our flight arriving so late at night and reading other reviews, they arranged a taxi at my request, that cost €20. That was such a relief because our flight arrived at 11:30pm. Check-in was fast. Our room was clean. By the way they had dual voltage sockets, that was a big plus for us. They also had SKY satellite TV. Shower was really nice. I would definitely consider staying there again. I stayed in another hotel in the city and this hotel by far had them beat.

Room Tip: Have the hotel arrange your taxi from the airport.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TLQ83
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My partner and I stayed here after a recommendation from a friend and it was a great choice. Travelling through Italy by car, the hotel had free parking, and easy access to the train to Rome, which meant we didn't have to drive in the main city.

The hotel is set back from the main road in lovely gardens with a pool- just perfect for cooling off after a sticky day exploring Rome. Your breakfast is served in the gardens in a gazebo- which is very pretty. Italian style, great coffee and pastries type thing.

The rooms were very modern, spacious, and extremely clean. Beds comfortable, and air con in the room. We also had a little balcony. I was gutted that we only spent one night there- 3 would have been lovely.

The staff are very friendly. When you want to head into Rome, they give you an information sheet which shows a local map, plus the train times to and from the city. It seemed that trains there were direct, the returns you had to change at Ciampino, which wasn't a problem. Would recommend this hotel as a great option for exploring Rome, with the opportunity for a little retreat. The only downside is that as it is near the airport, you can get woken up by planes taking off/landing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newstigger
Reviewed 29 October 2013

La Villetta Suite is A very friendly place to stay with large clean rooms. trip adviser has it marked in the wrong place, it's about 2km from Ciampino Airport, best thing is to print a route map out to show the taxi driver as they don't seem to know the area, also I had to argue with the taxi driver to get him to agree to the €20 I offered him, he wanted 30, or email Villetta who will sort a taxi out, check their reply doesn't go to your spam mail though as it did with me. Train station is about 5 minute walk away, tickets can be bought at the bar next door, bar seemed to be shut Sunday but you can buy all your tickets in advance, they only become active after you stamp them in the machine at the station. Will definitely be going back to the Villetta Suite.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gren1969
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Lovely quite hotel, away from the main road and run by very friendly staff. Free Wi-Fi and a nice swimming pool as well. Only negatives is that the train station is not served by many trains, you have to be careful to get the right train and you usually have to change at Ciampino if you're going to or from Roma Termini station. However, a man at the hotel reception explained this to me very well and I had no problems after he explained it to me. He also gave me a map of the Rome Metro and told me all the best stations for all the attractions in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank edaboud
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My daughter and I have just stayed here for 3 nights on a short trip to Rome flying in and out of Ciampino. It is 5 minutes by taxi from the airport - ask the hotel to book one for you, it's still 20 euro but a lot less than picking one up at the airport and only 15 euro going back. We arrived at 9.15am, our room was ready and we were given croissants even thought all the other guests had already finished breakfast and we weren't even supposed be able to check in until the afternoon. The room was spotlessly clean and very spacious - they couldn't do a twin room for one of the nights we needed so we were given a triple, with a beautiful bathroom, mini fridge and a small private patio garden with steps directly up to the pool. All the staff were extremely helpful, selling us train tickets into Rome (the station is a 5 minute walk away with trains hourly or half hourly depending on the time of day right into Termini station), giving us a timetable and map of the city and looking up ways to get to Frascati without a car (not really possible without an expensive taxi ride, so an excuse for another visit!) Luca on the reception desk recommended the Estro Gusto restaurant which is right around the corner, this has mixed reviews but we thought it was excellent and extremely good value for money, full of locals which is always a good sign. There are really no negative points, but it would perhaps have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room and some glasses - the hotel does not have a bar but there is one close by which sells very drinkable local wine in small bottles from their fridge, however it loses some of it's appeal when you have to drink directly from the bottle! The breakfast when served in the room is enjoyable but pretty basic - juice, coffee and croissants, there looked to be a much better selection available in the breakfast room beside the pool, but we were too lazy to get up to go and see until our last morning when we had to leave for the airport so that was our own fault. All in all a very pleasant stay and very good value for money, I would definitely stay here again when visiting Rome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I loved the hotel very much! The hotel is new, very bright and stylish. Comfortably location near Airport, 8-10 min. Very clean rooms, really friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. Thanks to all staff who made the stay at the hotel very comfortable. We will definitely stay at this hotel next time. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple