“Fantastic food - you must try here”

Oswalds @ Helter Skelter
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Frodsham
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Formerly known as The Drovers, The Gaping Gander, The Rowlands and the plain old Helter Skelter, Oswalds@Helter Skelter is a good old-fashioned pub serving real beer and real food. The first floor of this Cheshire restaurant serves a mix of traditional and contemporary cuisine, including meals such as black pudding with potato rosti, bacon and a tomato sauce, swordfish with chilli prawns, chorizo and wild rice and duck with a plum and ginger sauce, while the 'Home Comforts' section offers dishes like a cask ale pie served with chips and peas. A pub that serves good food and a good pint - It doesn't get much better than that!
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We live nearby in Manley. Our friends from the Wirral have been raving on about the quality of the food in the Helter Skelter. We went tonight and had a great evening. I totally agree with what our friends said. We ordered the duck salad starter x 2, the scallop starter and the deep fried cheese. Wow all these starters were amazing. We had pork belly, lamb, home made burger and a chicken dish for main. I had to write this review as soon as I got back home. We are keen foodies and love to cook good food at home. The chefs in this restaurant really know how to cook and put together really good food. You will not beat this quality or price anywhere in our opinion The setting is nice but you go here for good quality food and drink at very very reasonable prices. We did have to make our wives drive home though tonight as the restaurant was serving a fantastic beer from the pub downstairs called wobbly bob. I've promised to come back this week and I'll drive this time.
Have a look at the menu and see what I mean. I promise to post some food pictures next time so that you start get an idea. Fantastic place - try the food and tell me if you disagree. We will be back soon. Stew & Kerry (Manley)

1  Thank Stew E

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We have been to Oswalds a few times now and have never disappointed with the food and service. The drinks are good value too. Our recent visit was on Saturday with friends and we all said what a lovely evening it was. I can recommend the steak pie and chips it was excellent value and served piping hot. Had a bottle of their French Sav Blanc and it was excellent quality, my husband enjoys all the different beers. Highly recommended will definitely return

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Visited to celebrate a anniversary meal and we were not disappointed. The food was good and it was a bonus that they serve Hoegaarden which is a favourite of ours. The only slight niggle would be the decor. We felt the tables let it down slightly. Would visit again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Looking for somewhere to eat around the Chester area on a Wednesday evening in October we did a search and came across this on Trip advisor. Rang in the afternoon and booked the table. Meals were fantastic, A couple of parties in there but the staff were all working hard at making sure everyoine was being attended to. Will certainly be back again next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have been to this restaurant on a few occasions but I think tonight the team excelled themselves on all levels. The service was excellent, we were made very welcome and the waiting staff were not intrusive but friendly and attentive throughout the meal. The menu range was just right. I had warm goats cheese on a delicious salad and I don't usually enjoy salad. For the main I had duck breast cooked to perfection with parsnips and potatoes and a blackcurrant sauce which complemented the duck perfectly - everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. We were nor going to have a dessert but could not resist! I had chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream. The coffee was good too! The surroundings and atmosphere were great, I think one of the nicest things was that the music in the background was in the background and we didn't have to shout to have a conversation which is sadly the case in many places these days, especially in Stockton Heath where I live. Well done Helter Skelter we will be back!

1  Thank lynnsparkle