“Nothing special”

Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Frodsham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: post code WA6 7AR
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I went for lunch with two friends and we all agreed the food was nothing special. Two of us had the mixed grill which amongst other things had a flat iron steak but this was virually inedible the rest was however OK, Oh and the chips were awaful. The pub itself has just undergone a makeover and it now looks a lot smarter than it did when I last visited some months ago. The service was very good and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Whilst we were there we witnessed that the pub allows dogs and being a dog owner myself this was very pleaseing as most pubs in Cheshire treat you as the 'unclean' if you have a dog with you.

1  Thank Helpet48

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I never usual take to the internet and especially Tripadvisor to vent my anger but I feel that everyone needs to know about this pub and the complete nosedive is has took...

I have been a frequent visitor over the years and I have always enjoyed having a drink and dining at The Queens but over the last year or so it has took such a nose dive - The food has never really been the same, granted I have still had a nice meal here but its thing such as the chips (which I know is not a real reason to complain) are just not the same quality anymore and look very very pale (they're not double dipped) and also the interior it seems to be worn and especially the exterior of the pub - It needs a good clean and a frequent brush outside as there are cigarette buds everywhere!!

The main issue is that you can never get a drink.. If you are going out on a Friday night then go the Bears, The Red, Amore or anywhere but the Queens! In a word it is DYABOLICAL!!

The pub seems to have a lot of employees but the employees never seem to be there whether or not this is a company policay (very very daft one at that if it is) but it is shocking - You can be waiting up to five minutes until someone appears to serve you - The evening which outlined it for me was Friday 27th..

I waited twenty minutes until I was served and this in my opinion is completely and utterly shocking and to top it off (yes I know it may of been busy because it was a Friday) the service definitely was not served with a smile and it was completely and utterly rushed with no customer service whatsoever! We stayed for a couple more (not my choice) and all of the gents on the bar just didn't seem to be interested - more often than not they just wanted to joke around with each other which is completely unprofessional, I have been in on a number of times where the manager has just been playing up and doing a bit of tomfoolery! He just never seems to be interested in the customer service and is quite childish at times

This pub has some real potential and with a few tweaks I do believe that it can be as good as it once was a couple of years back (Tidy up, increase the level of customer service and make sure there are enough members of staff working!!!!)

In all honesty I would highly recommend this pub if these changes are made - it just a real shame such a nose dive has happened

(Just to clarify I have had some lovely evenings in this pub and not all the staff are bad (There is a small chap who is very attentive and a couple of ladies that get the job done just the way is should be) I just really hope some changes are put into place to get this pub back up to where it should be)

4  Thank Samuel J
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Four of us went out for Sunday lunch and we found the Queens Head very popular with plenty of people sitting inside and out. Three of us had the roast beef and hubby had the burger and chips. We all enjoyed the meals. The service was fantastic. The place had a great atmosphere and felt warm and friendly.Would defiantly recommend it.

2  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Although we have been to the Queens Head on a number of occasions for both lunch and evening meals, we thought we would try one of the theme nights, which on this occasion was the Steak and Red wine evening last Tuesday.

My friend Carol, and I both like our food served fresh, hot and well presented - we were not disappointed!! This was by far the best cooked steak we have had in years - I do eat steak almost every time we eat out. The chips were red hot, the service was great and the young man who served us could not have done any more to ensure we were enjoying the evening.

We also noticed other diners in the restaurant were getting equally good service and nothing was too much trouble.

Thoroughly enjoyed this night and we will be back again very soon.

This pub/restaurant is 50 miles away for me but it is well worth meeting my friend and going here for a meal.

1  Thank Canniball
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stumbled upon this little gem around 2 years ago and have visited at least once a month since!

The food is of such a high standard and having dined in Mitchelin Star restaurants before, I'd prefer to back here any day if not just for the amazing value for money, the delicious food, welcome and friendly staff and the beautiful quaint, "shabby chic" decor!

Highly recommend this to anyone who loves a bit of scrumptious freshly cooked pub grub and not the boil in a bag set ups we get from like of Hungrey Horse etc.