“A cracking place”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Frodsham
Price range: US$3 - US$67
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant serving fresh homemade food cooked to order, everything is sourced locally, hand pulled ale Cask Marque accredited, great selection of wines available, beer garden with fantastic views and very helpful, attentive and happy staff
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We attended a family event here recently and was treated to a fantastic meal. Upon arrival the staff could have not been more helpful assisting with our needs and helping to sort the finer details. The food was TOP quality and very hot, the sausages were fantastic and everyone ate well, the puddings were very popular indeed. The selection of drinks was decent and the house red was very nice. Final work again must go to the staff. Without them the evening would have not been the huge success it was, friendly and cheerful throughout and assisting in anyway they could.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Visited the establishment on Saturday night for family function and was not disappointed. The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us. The menu was superb, so hard to chose, had the Cumberland sausage ,which I couldn't finish as there was too much. Will definitely be visiting again to sample more delights.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Attended a family function here. I couldn't fault any part of it. The staff were friendly, hard working and very helpful.
Even though there was 40 people at the event, our food was piping hot, extremely tasty and attention to detail was very good.
Looking at the menu, the food is, in my opinion quite pricey however, if last night was anything to go by, definitely worth it.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

4 of us went here for a meal on Saturday night and were disappointed with nothing. The food was superb and the portions more than enough, in fact, I had to leave some of each course. The staff were more than efficient and really friendly which all went to ensure that we had a thoroughly pleasant evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and have done so since our first visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The only reason I have given 4 stars instead of 5 is that I only had room for one course - the Ham Hock from the a la Carte menu, but I am looking forward to another visit to sample a starter and dessert to uprate my assessment. We were lucky to get one of the only two tables left on a weekday lunchtime, so there is no doubt that it's very popular. It is not a cheap place, but in my view the prices are fair for the quality of the of the main courses that my party enjoyed. We were also pleased to see no scimping on the veg front.
The car park is ample but not huge, so although we parked without hassle, when we go again we will aim to go early.
Just one note of caution for newcomers; when you enter your first step or two inside is at the same level, but there is then a step down which is not easy to see! Its easy to miss the warning sign - I did, but one of my party warned me in time. So take care & enjoy!!