“Great room, great value”

Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room when I stayed on business recently. Compared to other hotels I stayed in on my trip it was far superior at a similar cost. I look forward to staying again both on business and with my family,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Michael

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you believe us to be great value and far superior to other hotels that you have stayed in on your recent business trip and that you had a great room.

I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We have many planned events and promotions that take place through out the year take a look at our website I'm sure we have something that all the family will enjoy.

Have a wonderful Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my company for a one night stay. I had asked for the local Holiday Inn but I assume this was a better rate.
The hotel sits on top of a hill above Frodsham with views out over the Wirral. The access road is quite narrow and steep so I hope they have a good gritting plan for the winter. Initial view was quite nice, a modern looking front and well presented. The reception was friendly, free wi-fi was an unexpected bonus so all looked well.
I had been allocated a family room for some reason so plenty of space available with 2 single beds and a small double to choose from. Decor was fine and the room was clean. No climate control available which was surprising, just a manually controlled radiator.
The 17" TV is far too small for a room of that size but it did the job.
The bathroom - what can I say? The suite is straight out of the 70's and looked very dated and tired. Who decided on the colour of peach needs shooting! The sink had a large crack in it which didn't add to the charm and the mixer tap on the sink was very hard to get to an acceptable temperature. Either too hot (and the water is very hot) or too cold..
The shower was fine with a strong water flow so I'm happy with that bit!
The restaurant - I was seated quickly but it took a little too long for my order to be taken. The menu was a little short on choice and a bit too fancy for me. Bring in some more basic fare please.
Having ordered a starter of bread and olives, I waited for 15 minutes before having to ask where it was. How long can that take to organise?
It was nice though and I was enjoying it up to the point where the waiter turned up with my main and took my starter away without it being finished or even asking if I had finished with it!!
I was too shocked to bother calling him back.
The chicken main was OK but a little bland and the ratatouille was a bit watery.
I found the restaurant was very draughty and a bit cold but the hotel location on the hill probably explains this. Perhaps some draught excluder would help?
Breakfast was OK but sausages are average cheaper ones and the bacon was a bit pale for me.
There is a gym and a pool available which I assume are open to guests as well as members but I didn't get the chance to use these.
So overall, the restaurant and the bathroom suite let this hotel down and to be honest, I wouldn't want to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nigel H

Dear Nigel H

Thank you for posting your precise and thorough review on Trip Advisor.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked or disliked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 9 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm H
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I renewed my Wedding Vows at this hotel on Saturday 30th November 2013, and had the most amazing time staying for two nights.
When i checked in the day before, i loved my Executive room with the beautiful views over the estuary, and the double spa bath and there was plenty of space. The breakfast was lovely to with plenty of choice for everyone.
On the big day itself everything went like clockwork, and the staff on hand that day were brilliant, the duty manager even straightened my dress for me for walking down the aisle :) We received lots of wonderful feedback from our guests about the meal and the evening buffet, the food really was fantastic. We also received wonderful feedback about what a lovely Hotel we had chosen with the stunning views.
I would like to mention what a credit Tracey Harding is to your team, for around 22 mths since i first booked with you, she has been amazing helping me with any questions and the planning, which resulted in the duty manager making sure we had a perfect day.
Both myself and my husband would definatly recommend your hotel to anyone wanting a great venue for thier function and even though we live locally i think we shall be back to stay with you again at some point, infact i've already booked to have my husbands 40th Birthday there next November, and one of the guest is now booking a party there to.
A amazing hotel, that will hold happy memories for us !

Room Tip: The Exectutive rooms are worth the extra money than the doubles ( even though the doubles are nice...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mumov482

Dear Munov482
Many thanks for your fantastic review of your wedding renewal ceremony and wedding breakfast.
It was our pleasure to look after you on your 2nd special day and i will take great pleasure in passing on your kind comments to Tracey and the management team and staff who looked after you and your husband on the day.
We are also delighted you are coming back to us for another special day in your lives.
If there is any more we can do please do not hesitate to contact us

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here a couple of times now, Nice and quiet, staff are always very helpful and friendly ,Food is very nice, rooms are very clean and cosy, hotel is very handed for the Runcorn area,
Nice pool and Gym, Plenty of car parking spaces, can not fault this hotel.
The staff make this hotel one of the best well done.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear poppaian

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your kind and positive comments and it will give me great pleasure to pass them on to all the staff.

We Look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year, take a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place through out 2014.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Out in the country so ultra quiet. We went to Cheshire oaks, then stayed the night and had the next day in chester. Its about 20 minutes between both. Spotlessly clean rooms, lovely reception and staff. Breakfast excellent. Really nice pool. Highly recommended for a weekend break.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear janjan05

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read spotlessly clean hotel, friendly staff, lovely rooms and you that you would highly recommend us for a weekend break, we are so ideally located for all that the Northwest has to offer.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
The Old Hall Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
#9 of 22 in Warrington
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!