“Definitely better than 3*”

Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
North Yorkshire
“Definitely better than 3*”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Seventeen of us stayed here for two or three nights as a group and had a ball! The most striking aspect throughout was the service - every request was met with "Of course" or "Certainly". Their flexibility was most impressive.

Although originally scheduled to start at 4:00 pm, our group room was ready by 2:00 pm and was set up to match our requirements, with frequently replenished refreshments - I was delighted to find bottle water as well as tea and coffee, as I drink neither.

My room was a standard room, and was more than adequate. It was clean, warm and comfortable and had all the facilities I needed, including free WiFi (throughout the hotel). OK, the pink bathroom suite was a little dated (reminds me of the one in my mothers' house, which was fitted in 1958!) but it was clean and functional. Had I forgotten any essentials these would be available at reception.

We ate together, and chose our meals in advance from a fairly extensive list. Well, actually, we went 'off-list' on numerous occasions, and they were more than happy (or so they appeared - the service was so well mannered, they could have been muttering darkly when we were out of sight!) to provided alternative dishes (mushroom-free for our vegetarian members, a favoured dessert on the last night, items served plain without sauces etc.) The food was good quality and hot with very generous portions, and, in general, service was timely. Jugs of water were replenished, usually without asking, and a glass of wine from the adjacent bar was only £4. "Can you put that on my room account?" "Of course I can."

Although we had been scheduled to finish on Sunday at 4:00 pm many of us decided to stay for the Sunday night, booking an extra night. Most of us assumed that this would be on a B&B basis, so after a big Carvery lunch were looking forward to a lighter snack in the evening. Wrong. Three course dinner was included. But, ever obliging, we were told we could have something from the snack menu, and I did. Mistake number two (of the best sort) - my 'small' steak ciabatta was pretty big, and was accompanied by a generous portion of proper chips! I think I'd have eaten less with the three course dinner! We were even allowed to use our group room during the evening, so extending a brilliant weekend.

I didn't use the spa facilities, but these seemed very pleasant from what I saw.

Check in and check out were both friendly and efficient and staff were warm and friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CraftyEC
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear CraftyEC

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you and your group of seventeen had a ball with us during your stay
your kind, positive, thorough feed back was very much appreciated noting our flexibility being most impressive, with definitely better than a 3 star praise indeed.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your feedback along with your kind and positive comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the not to distant future.

Kieran McCabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Liverpool
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Returned to the Forest Hills for the 4th year on the run for a conference and got the usual high standards of service and organisation. We take about 50 rooms and caused a near mutiny amongst conference delegates by asking whether we should look for another hotel next year. When that many people are happy with their rooms, you know you haven't just struck lucky on your room allocation. We really messed them around this year with quite a few changes of arrangements at the last minute - dinner for 10 at an hour's notice, you name it - they coped with it. Great staff, great service, great food, great value - I can't rate this place too highly.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the estuary
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Phil J

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

It was our pleasure to welcome you back for your 4th year with us on your conference.

I was delighted to read your kind and positive comments great staff, great service, great food, great value, as reliable as ever, and that you can't rate us highly too highly, praise indeed thank you.
It will be by pleasure to pass these comments on to all the staff here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

Keighley
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrived for an overnight stay, plenty of room for parking, to be greeted by an efficient, charming, receptionist who quickly booked us in, and provided all the necessary information,before
directing us to our room.
Lots of space, clean and well appointed.
We were met by the dining room manager at the dining room entrance, and had a pre-dinner drink in the bar whilst studying the menu, before being shown to our table. The service and quality of the food was very good and the steak probably one of the best I have tasted. Sadly we could only manage two courses!
Having slept like logs we ventured down for breakfast and were pleased to note a good selection of cereals, fruit, drinks and a full English for those that wanted it.
Check out went like a dream and we left with a smile on our faces.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Frank A

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor

Your business is very important to us and we value your feed back. By telling us what you liked about your stay you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

I was delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your kind and positive comments to all the team here, especially reception and the restaurant.

We have many things planned over the coming months take a look at our website to see if we can tempt you back for another visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future

Hayes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Everything was good with my stay apart from the appauling staff members who ruined my visit! On approach to the hotel I was greated by an empty reception desk ... 10 minutes later, still an empty reception desk. Eventually someone came to check us in. Rooms were nice, very out dated but a nice size. Restaurant was nice as was the food. Some staff members didn't seem too nice and evidently did not want to be at the hotel. I even heard a member of staff when walking back towards reception, whom was dressed differently and appeared higher up, refer to another staff member as 'stupid' this is appauling behaviour. If I had seen the name I would have reported this to the manager of the hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Yellow 6273

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor

I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations, your comments appauling members of staff I totally disagree with although I'm extremly disappointed that certain members of the team let us all down which has highlighted a training issue.

I was pleased to read that you had a good stay and that you found the restaurant and food nice.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Yet again another great Best Western Hotel, very pleasant and helpful staff on check inn and as BW Diamond members got a great free upgrade.

Great pool and gym facilities with sauna, and steam room.

Room was excellent (exec suite) with a 6 foot bed large shower, all well maintained and a comfy bed.

The restaurant food was excellent for both evening meal and breakfast.

All in a excellent hotel with friendly staff , worth visiting if staying in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil B
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Neil B

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read your kind and positive comments, another Great Best Western, great pool and facilities, excellent food with friendly staff it will be my pleasure to pass on your kind and positive comments to all the staff here at the Best Western Forest Hills.

The Best Western reward cards are great points every time you stay in a Best Western across the world whether it is for business or pleasure what's not to like and as you mentioned you enjoyed the bedroom upgrade to one of our executive suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Derby
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a work colleague for 3 nights. We got a fantastic deal to include breakfast and a 3 course meal each night.

Hotel reception area is really nice and the staff were really friendly.

The rooms were very good considering the price we had paid.

The downside to the room was a small tv and a horrible pink bathroom suite. Maybe we got given the 'shabby' rooms cause it cost so little, I don't think the test of the hotel would have this colour....

The food on an evening was excellent, although the food from the a la carte menu took a really long time to arrive, but as it says on the menu, good food takes a long time to prepare. It was very good.

The included breakfast was everything I expected.

I made use of the leisure facilities including the gym, pool, sauna and stream room.

We also played snooker, this cost £1 for 20 minutes for the lights.

Overall, very good stay and I would stay again for business our pleasure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear craigs1985

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your colleague enjoyed your 3 night stay with us.
It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind and positives comments, friendly staff, excellent food and you made full use of all the facilities that we have on site to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

I have noted your comment concerning the color of the bathroom and the small TV we are continually upgrading our bathrooms and we hope in the near future to increase the size of the TV's in all our rooms.

I' m pleased that overall that you had a very good stay at a great price and that you would stay again for business or pleasure.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Check in was great, facilities great too, I had a brick wall for a view but did not in one way bother me as the important things were great. Would recommend this stay, with all staff being friendly and welcoming. Food was great with a fabulous breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Inspectorpete

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed a great stay with us, that you found the staff friendly and welcoming with great facilities and great food.

It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind and positive comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

Inspectorpete if you are a regular business traveler our loyalty reward card would be to your advantage, ask us about it the next time you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Kieran McCabe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
The Old Hall Hotel
#36 of 44 in Chester
The Royal Oak Hotel
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelsall

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!