“Gorgeous Teashop ”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Frodsham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow - I just love this little teashop, it’s lovely decoration, amazing food & cakes together with its friendly staff make this place a little gem. Not only do I pop in here for a treat anytime I get the chance (for cake) but I have also used this venue for a couple of afternoon tea birthday parties as well as a charity afternoon tea and on all occasions they have gone above and beyond to make our experience a pleasant one. I can’t recommend this teashop enough :-)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a nice place for coffee and a snack.
The staff are very nice.
On a nice day you can sit outside.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed the coffee but as other reviewers said the waitress who served us should read these reviews and take note!! Had to get our own menu then were told that it was too late to get food. If the lady had attended us when we had arrived immediately we possibly could have had a sandwich?? Not the best way to run a business

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Strange to find so many good reviews. I think the last couple of reviews are more correct regarding poor staff. I visited this cafe with my mother and daughter to have lunch. Last time I visited must be over 10 yrs ago. Quite disappointed compared to how it used to be. Salad that came with our food was very basic just a bit of lettuce with 1 slice of cucumber with 1 piece of tomato. Tea was a small pot for two compared to other cafes. The main thing which I didn’t like was the unfriendliness of the staff. The lady serving us didn’t even attempt to give us menus then came straight over for order when I got menus myself! She had an off manner and then walked off. The lady in the kitchen who I paid also had an off manner. She actually over charged me but couldn’t be bothered telling her, just won’t be rushing back!! I think they need to learn a bit about the hospitality business. Think they only do decent business because it looks nice and there aren’t many cafes in Frodsham.

1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Visited the Cottage Tea Room today sat down waiting to order and the Waitress was to busy talking rather than serving customers ,she knew we were waiting to be served but Completely ignored us which I found very rude. After 10 - 15 minutes we got up to leave and told another member of staff the reason we were leaving and she was not in the least interested.
Would not Recommend this place AVOID