We stayed there in June 11 on our honeymoon.
Overall it is a beautiful complex but the room is quite small, not many surfaces to put your things on, room is very clean though.
We didn't have the best start when we arrived but things did get better by a day.
We were suppose to have our honeymoon cake and shampange on arrival which were not there when we arrived. When I asked reception are we still getting them them they said we get them later in the evening.. we got the cake at 7pm and champagne was suppose to arrive 2 minutes later when I asked them but it arrived 10pm when we fell asleep waiting for it as we were jetlagged as well..
Didn't like that you can't close the shutters fully in the bathroom so it gets very hot in the bathroom and no air in there, also mosquitos and bugs got in through the bathroom. The biggest shock was when we found a MILLIPEDE in the bathroom, which must have got in through the shutters in the bathroom!!
Also our door lock didn't work very well and we struggled to lock the door.
We had a beautiful view from the balcony to the sea which was good.
Pool is amazing and view spectacular and I guess this is one of their main selling points. Beach itself is not very good though, have to walk 20 minutes in the sea before it gets deep enough to swim.
Looking around in Samui I think it might be one of the best hotels you find there but it definitely needs imrpovements and doesn't stand up with the Thai hotel standards in other Thay cities!
Would reccommend if you want a beautiful view and good swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Destinology, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng