We stayed in late October and booked a deluxe plunge pool. On arrival after our pickup from the airport we were offered a cheap upgrade to a pool villa which we took. It worked out to be about half price. The villa was lovely and private and is designed nicely to reflect an island location. We enjoyed the semi outdoor bathroom which was still private with the blinds pulled down. The first night we were invited to the manager's drinks where we sipped Mai tais overlooking the beach and I have not been that relaxed for a long time.
Having the villa gave us the chance to relax and do literally nothing our first full day and chill out after a busy holiday and having a pool all to ourselves was really nice. The surrounds were private too which added nicely to the experience. We dined at the Skyhug restaurant in the trees and the food and service was amazing. There was even a salt guru who recommended which salt to have with your meal. I have never tasted food any better that what we had that night.
The remainder of the time we relaxed and ordered room service at different times and all of the staff were very nice and everybody was happy to greet us all of the time, including the cleaning staff which just wouldn't happen in Australia. The breakfast buffet was great, especially the egg station where you could order whatever eggs you wanted. Everybody may not appreciate this but we enjoyed having the resort cat laying under our table rubbing up against us during breakfast.
If we go back to Koh Samui, which we want to, we will definately consider this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Agoda, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Destinology so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng