I stayed here with my boyfriend and his mum & brother for 7 nights and the room types were Deluxe Pool Access rooms throughout our stays.
First of all, the rooms are lovely, we have no problem with the outdoor shower. However my room has a dirty dressing gown in the wardrobe, i am totally fine with this because I put on my boyfriend's dressing gown instead. After couple of nights, our room started to smell of sewage, VERY BAD! I checked the toilet, definitely not the toilet at all. I contacted the reception and told them about the smell of sweage. They send a member of staff to our room and spray the air freshener!!
Service at the beakfast area is not very good at all. The staffs look stressed and unhappy.
Food: Lots of choices, it was delicious APART FROM the egg station and coffee!!!! Seriously since day one we were there until our last day (total stayed 8 days) we waited LONG ENUF for an egg, at least 20-30 minutes queue! Same for COFFEE as well, please make sure you ask for COFFEE before you go and get your food. During my stayed, i asked for our coffee before we get our food, we didnt get our coffees until AFTER we finished our food even tho we asked the waiter/waitress 3-4 times but they kept saying the same thing - its coming!!! Anyway, I am very disappointed with the breakfast during my 8 days stay at this property.
Location: Very good. You can walk or take a taxi to Chaweng town.
Overall, I'm not sure if i would recommend this hotel to my friends and family... It is not a cheap holiday and the service i received didnt reach my expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng