We stayed in Anantara in May 2014 for 11 nights and had the most amazing time! We didn't want to leave at the end of it!
Upon check in we were greeted with a welcome drink which was very tasty. The reception is outside which we have never seen before, however there it's lots of fans to keep you cool whilst you wait. We were early for check in which is usually always a nuisance, however the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. They take your luggage for you and have changing rooms by the reception so you can freshen up and take a show if you need. They took us to the pool area and told us they would call us when our room was ready. We were around 3/4 hours before check in and waited about an hour until we were taken to our room by the small buggies that you can catch a lift from the staff on. We were given a free upgrade on our room as we were staying 11 nights which was greatly received!
We had the deluxe pool room which are all on ground floor. You have your own separate swimming pool which you can control the settings to bubble up if you would like. There is a lovely outdoor seating area by your pool where you can relax. But beware of the mosquitoes! The room itself it amazing, a large bed and a flat screen tv which had some english movies channels which are always handy when you get in after a night out. The bathroom is beautiful and partly outside. The only thing I would say would be that the shower is not very powerful unless you have the water come out the rainfall head which is no good for me as a wearer of false eyelashes, therefore I had to use the small shower head which never quite got the shampoo out of my hair properly and never got the temperature quite right. They give you everything you need in terms of shampoo, shower gel, moisturizing lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste etc. There is also bottles of water in the room that get replaced everyday, we always put them in our mini fridge to keep them cool.
The hotel is quite hilly and definitely kept us fit! Try to catch a lift on the buggies if your feeling tired though. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, filled with flowers, palm trees and ponds. Everywhere you go you see gardeners and workers keeping the grounds neat and they are just so friendly and always say hello.
The location of the hotel is very good. It's directly opposite a family mart where we made trips numerous times a day for very cheap drinks and water, if we were heading out or into our room. You can walk to town center in about 15 minutes, however we always caught a taxi for 200 baht. The taxi service outside the hotel may say 300baht but we quickly learnt we could barter with them. You are able to walk to the center in the day via the beach however, a part of the beach on the way is very dirty and not nice to walk down. In the evening, you can only walk to the hotel next door as the water comes up quite close so you cannot get down the Anantara. You can always cut through their restaurant and take a 2 minute walk to the Anantara. We did this a couple of nights in a row as it's quite nice to walk along the beach when it's all lit up.
The pool is beautifully clean and overlooks the sea which is beautiful. The waiters bring round fruit kebabs and fresh fruit ice lollies everyday which were lovely and also cold ice flannels to keep you cool. they would always lay out our towels for us everyday and gave such great service.
The beach on the hotel is a little rocky for swimming, although beautiful scenery. A tip for beach lovers would be to the turn left out of the hotel and walk down to the next set of hotels down a little slip road. Walk through their restaurant and turn right, you will be at the most beautiful part of the beach we saw whilst we were out there.
We chose to have breakfast at this resort and it was the most amazing spread I've ever seen. You choose your juice or smoothie on the way into be seated which has such a range. I always chose the guava juice which was delicious. Any drink you can think of, they were sure to be able to get you. The iced lattes were really special. And drinking water from a coconut each morning was a dream come true for someone who loves coconut water! There is so much food to choose from, we particularly liked the omelette station! The restaurant is on the beach so beautiful scenery whilst you're eating.
I cannot explain how friendly and welcoming the staff are here and how much we enjoyed our stay! They could not do enough for us! The room cleaning staff visited us twice a day which i have never experienced before but they were amazing leaving us fresh fruit everyday and a spectacularly clean room! The reception staff helped us with our excursions and did all the booking for us. Everything was just so easy and stress-free! We were very sad to leave and am working on persuading my boyfriend for us to return here next year!
Thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Destinology, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng